1987 Grand National low mileage (FL)

Mac

Guys I have owned 3 TR’s in 15 years and just recently purchased this low mileage GN after not owning one for 3 years. To make a long story short I have been bitten big time by the TR bug and want to drive one more often. That’s why I’m selling this one. I have only owned it for 6 months and wish I could drive it everyday. With such low mileage, I feel guilty driving it 2-3 times a week to work. I want to get one that I can drive on a regular basis and not feel like I’m decreasing the value. I feel 10 years younger whenever I drive these cars.

This is a Canadian car that spent all of its life in Florida. It has been garage kept and it shows. Everything works even the annoying seatbelt chime. It was a late production car and has almost every option including a factory trunk-kit. You can see the RPO codes in the picture. The speedo is in Kilometers too.

The car has original paint and after 22 years it has the normal lacquer checking but still very nice. The hood and trunk are the most visible. There is no rust visible. The T-tops are in excellent condition and no rust in the rails. The weather-stripping is in good condition and don’t rattle or leak.

The interior is excellent. The previous owner put Jax seatcovers on the fronts to protect the original material. I take them off at car shows. I have the original window sticker and model sheet.

It has a few bolt-ons but could be taken back to original easily. It has a 6152 turbo, 3200 single disk lockup convertor, Razor alky kit and runs 22psi on 93 octane on the street. It pulls like a solid mid 12 second TR. Billy Anderson rebuilt the transmission around 12,000 miles ago and shifts great.

Factory Options.
3.42 Posi rear
Power door locks
Power windows
Power trunk
Twilight sentinel
Rear Defog
Passenger vanity mirror works
AM/FM radio concert sound
Trunk-kit

Aftermarket parts:
6152 Precision Turbo
HD adjustable wastegate
Razor Alky
Turbo Tweak
Delphi 60lb injectors
Lt1 valve springs
160 degree thermostat
UMI lower control arms
UMI rear sway bar
Rear seat braces
Underhood braces
Rebuilt stock MAF
Walbro 340 fuel pump(good one less than a year old)
Kirbans hotwire kit
100lb lifters
Torque strap
Voltage booster
RJC boost controller
RJC power plate
10mm Prorace plug wires
Tinman cold air kit
Scanmaster
Stainless dual exhaust gutted cat
Boost gauge Autometer carbon fiber face
Water temp gauge (pod under radio)
Oil pressure gauge (pod under radio)
Viper Alarm (Brand New)

Stock replacements:

Dew wipes
Coilpack
Heater control valve
Speedo cable
Transmission cable
Bumper fillers fiberglass replacement
Seatcovers
Body bushings
And more

Stereo:

Stock radio
New AC Delco 4x10 rear deck speakers
New 3” dash speakers

Needs:
Front and rear bumper strips
Driver side header exhaust leak
Power antenna

The car is a very nice and solid low mileage GN. I had it appraised by my insurance company for $19,000. I have owned the car for almost 6 months and have invested a lot of time and money making the car the way I want it. I had no plans to sell until a couple weeks ago. I’ve done the following: new Viper Alarm, UMI control arms, UMI rear sway bar, replace body bushings, replace all fluids, RMI treatment, body braces, rear seat braces, and more. I’m asking $15,995. That’s a great price for a low mileage GN.

I purchased the following parts and haven’t had time to install. I will sell with the car for an additional $1K. I have a new stretch IC and MAF pipe from GN1 Performance. Slightly used G-body parts stainless downpipe with test pipe.

http://www.*******************/proddetail.asp?prod=SLIC
http://www.*******************/proddetail.asp?prod=MafAirPipe
GBodyParts.com Online

Email: chuck@the-mcclellans.us is the best way to get a hold of me because I don't get on the board everyday. PM is the second best. I will be out of town from Thursday-Sunday. I have detailed pictures available. Serious buyers only please. Don't waste my time and I won't waste yours.

Attachments

• IMG_2794_resize.jpg
    IMG_2794_resize.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 938
  • IMG_2804_resize.jpg
    IMG_2804_resize.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 943
  • IMG_2808_resize.jpg
    IMG_2808_resize.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 936
  • IMG_2839_resize.jpg
    IMG_2839_resize.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 940
  • IMG_2847_resize.jpg
    IMG_2847_resize.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 937
A 35k mile GN, w/ lots of mods and paint checking is by no means the cream-puff this guy is afraid to drive. If it was an all original, under 10k mile GN with nice factory paint, he'd have a point...........

I'm not knocking the car, just the logic for the sale. But, to each his own.

A 35k mile GN, w/ lots of mods and paint checking is by no means the cream-puff this guy is afraid to drive. If it was an all original, under 10k mile GN with nice factory paint, he'd have a point...........

I'm not knocking the car, just the logic for the sale. But, to each his own.

What are you his mother? You sound like a complete idiot! You gonna buy the car? I didn't think so, so run along and play....:rolleyes:

Most manufactures say 12,000 miles per year is average!! Let's see, 22 years X 12,000 miles = 264,000 miles! So I quess 35,000 miles is pretty low mileage!! You idot's have been on this web site to long! How in the hell can a car that is 22 years old with 35,000 miles not be low mileage? One of you says, it's not like it only has 10,000 miles, or he would have a point? Let's see, so in your opinion, if someone puts more than 455 miles per year on their car it is not low mileage? Most of you *******s on this site have pile of **** cars, but you feel you have a right to rag on other people? That is the nice thing about the net for you guys, no one can see you, or your car. If you do not want to buy the car, shut your mouth. Good luck with the sell of your car!!! Don't worrie, none of the people with negative comments have enough money to buy your car anyway!!!!!!

No, I have the money for a mint GN. My "driver" is an 11,000 mile one. Looking for one around 5K miles. So I guess I'm really picky and don't fall for salesman type hype. No need to get personal when someone voices an opinion.

Why say anything? Just look for a car with 5k, and keep your mouth shut! The car listed in this ad looks like a nice car to me. Your comments, which are BS, may sway someone from offering to buy the car. I have a car that runs 9.40, a 40,000 mile car, and a 10,000 mile car. So what!!!!! It has nothing to do with this ad!!!!!

Stupid question

Since this car is from Canada and speedo is in KM, does that mean the odometer reads in KM or Miles???????????????? Hey ANDYS87, Looks like u have a friend

Why say anything? Just look for a car with 5k, and keep your mouth shut! The car listed in this ad looks like a nice car to me. Your comments, which are BS, may sway someone from offering to buy the car. I have a car that runs 9.40, a 40,000 mile car, and a 10,000 mile car. So what!!!!! It has nothing to do with this ad!!!!!

Some people are just born stupid. They really can't help it....:rolleyes: The car looks like a 35k car. I agree, it's a very nice ride.

Yeah, with friends like that, who need's enemas???

Hello- Goodbye.....you and GN Brett are obnoxious SOB's. You guy's did more to "ruin" this guy's ad than me...all the crap posts. If you guy's have such hard-ons for this ride...YOU buy it. You guy's should save your smack talk for the ricer forums.

GNBRETT- does being a douche help with sales at Fartline performance? If you have anything to do with them...they lost my business!

Hello- quit being a homo!

I'm going to buy this piece of crap!

I will try again

01 KM equals .621 Miles SO unless he converted the Odometer reading to Miles, The car actually has about 21,735 miles on it instead of the 35,000. I did not see where he actually put the miles in the description but only at the bottom of his first page. Hope this will calm some of the hostilities down. This does look like a nice car and does it matter why he chose to sell the car???

GNBRETT- does being a douche help with sales at Fartline performance? If you have anything to do with them...they lost my business!

How am I gonna sleep at nite?:eek: Nobody cares who you do business with, least of all myself. And BTW, try using ur original screen name next time. Creating a new screen name to hide behind it so you can run ur mouth is cowardly.

GNBReTT-don't flatter yourself. I wouldn't hide behind a fake name to say something.....to someone....probably hundreds, or thousands of miles away....on the internet! Please! ............Yeah, it really takes courage to trash talk on forums! Makes you feel like a man, huh?

Lets just let this guy sell his car already.

GNBReTT-don't flatter yourself. I wouldn't hide behind a fake name to say something.....to someone....probably hundreds, or thousands of miles away....on the internet! Please! ............Yeah, it really takes courage to trash talk on forums! Makes you feel like a man, huh?

Lets just let this guy sell his car already.

How come you have the same IP address then?:rolleyes:

First and Last warning... Next time you gots to go:wink:

Kick this ass hole off the site (((Please)))

Keep it and drive it. I don't really consider 35,000 as being low miles.

hey d(*&^ head......get a life and move out of your mommy's basement junior.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

its a nice car dude......i have a lot of friend who like my TR and are looking for a nice one......I will show the car to a couple of my friends and lets see how it goes......I WILL GET IT GONE.:biggrin: :biggrin: