1987 Grand National Hard top for sale

rjg1987gn

I have decided to go after a concours 1970 Buick GS and thus need to sell my low mileage original 1987 Grand National.

HISTOR Y AND DOCUMENTATION
I purchased this car from a retired Air Force Mechanic and current North Carolina high school auto shop teacher in 2012 and the car had 38K miles. He and his son purchased the car from a friend in 1994 and the car had 19K miles. The friend , a NC resident, in late 1994 purchased the car from a local NC person and the car had 17K miles. The local NC person purchased the car from a Massachusetts person in 1993 and the car had 8K miles.

Today the car has 41K miles.

CONDITION AND ORIGINALITY
The car is in excellent condition. There is just one modification to this car. In 1998 the retired Air Force mechanic decided to send the speedometer to Dennis Kirban for his silk screen and re calibration service to change the scale from 0-85 to 0-145. The Air Force mechanic searched for the receipt for this service to no avail. He even called Dennis in 2012 to see if he could furnish a copy. Dennis could not as he does not retain any customer records back mor than three years. In lieu of a copy of the invoice the Air Force mechanic gave me a notarized statement which I have and have included in the pictures attached.

Since owing the car I replaced a few parts mainly for more smooth and safe operation. I replaced the power master brake with a vacuum brake system . I sent the power master to Cardone for re manufacture . As part of the brake conversation I removed the original brake pedal and replaced it with one for a vacuum system. The remanufactured power brake system and the original brake pedal will be sold with the car. I replaced the air induction with a Kenne Bell unit. The DS front air dam and original air induction will be sold with the car. I took out the catalytic converter. The original catalytic converter will be sold with the car. I replaced the rear diff cover with an aftermarket cover that has fins and a drain plug. The original diff cover will be sold with the car. I added rear seat braces that can be easily removed. I add a Caspers volt booster that can be easily removed. And finally a very small leak developed in one of the radiator tanks. Rather than repair the original radiator I replaced it with an Alradco black aluminum reproduction radiator The original (leaky) radiator will be sold with the car.

When I purchased the car the paint was starting to show its age . I repainted everything except the roof. I also reapplied the factory installed rock guard.

The interior is original . The fabric on the seats have some minor wear but no rips or tears. The cushions are still firm and have held their shape. The fabric on the door panels is in good condition .The dash is in excellent condition and the top of the dash has a small crack. The headliner looks new as do the visors. The carpet shows minimal wear and there are no stains, tears or rips. I added the custom Turbo 6 embroidered floor mats . I do not have the original floor mats.

The number stamped on the engine matches the VIN. The numbers stamped on the rear axel tube is period correct.

The tire rims are in good condition and shine. The original donut spare as well as the jack are in the trunk.

Everything works on the car. The AC is still r12 and blows very cold.

The car is located in North Carolina not far from the Raleigh Durham Airport. It can be seen by appointment.

I have many pictures except for the undercarriage which will be taken once I arrange to put the car up on a lift.

My asking price is $26K. Buyer is responsible for shipping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 317
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 276
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 274
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 256
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 264
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 241
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 243
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 242
Last edited:
More pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    986.3 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
More pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    962 KB · Views: 144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,016 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 135
More pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 102
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 92
Wow!! Although i think the market is soft for just about everything including our cars, i hope you get your asking price because the car is stunning. Also, awesome job with your for sale ad. Thats how it should be done! Glws sir.