1987 GN for sale

malibu78

With regrets I am selling my 87' GN. My wife does not like the car and says its sooooo eighties. Anyways..... Car is in mint condition, t-top car with many bolt ons below is the list of the uprgrades. Car has 80k original miles was repainted in 05. Paint on the car is immaculate. Very, Very nice car. I bought it August of 06. The guy I bought it from was dissappointed in the performance. As we all know these cars won't run the number at 11lbs of boost, however at 20 plus look out. $20,500 or best offer.
K & N Ram Air
CAS V2 front mount intercooler
TE62 turbo
new valve springs 2500 miles ago
XP fuel pump
009 injectors
SMC alky kit
RJC plenum spacer
new 8.8 plug wires
LT1 mass air with translator
vacuum brakes remove powermaster
Terry houston 3inch downpipe wrapped with electric cut out dump
new radiator, starter altenator and water pump
tubular control arms with poly urethan bushings, air bag, custom aluminum rear diff cover from DTS (supports the caps), rear disc brake conversion
GNX style rims
B&M tranny cooler
Built 200r4 transmission
2800-3200 Precision stall convertor
brace kit
3 chips, Turbo tweak race, alky and joe lubrant stocker
power 6 floor mats
billet GN shifter handle
ashtray removed for switched for dump, fan, and fuel pump
A pillar boost gauge, knock gauge and temp gauge on interior roof, pretty slick setup, trans temp gauge oil pressure gauge.
tinted windows
JVC radio with 12 cd changer and after market speakers
in car boost control
Scantron 2.1

Car runs awesome, willing to e-mail video of car running showing scanmaster and that the car is tuned to the t. Car has been to the strip twice since I have owned it. Results.

Nitto drag radials 11.74 with dump open at 21.5 lbs of boost and alky
11.48 with 29.5 slicks C-16 fuel 23.5 lbs of boost
28 x 9 slicks c-16 23.5 lbs of boost 11.24. Drove car to the track and changed tires and fuel.

As mentioned earlier my wife does not like the car and wants to get either a mustang (boo!!!) or a vette. I wouldn't mind a vette but I would have to put heads and cam or a supercharger for a vette to run even mid elevens. I really believe with a bigger injector this car will go high tens.

If anyone is interested in the car post your e-mail and I will send you pictures.

Happy New Year!!!!!!

Get a new wife and keep the car...Just kidding
Sorry I couldn't hold back.

Sound like a nice ride. Good luck with the sale.
Scott

Get a new wife and keep the car...Just kidding
Sorry I couldn't hold back.

Sound like a nice ride. Good luck with the sale.
Scott

I know I opened the door for all kinds of teasing. I had a vette and I still own a 9 second drag car. We got rid of the vette 2 years ago because we had twins and I figured I can't put two of them in this car. The malibu is a little much for the steet: spool, 4800 stall, 4.86 gears. I came across this GN. quiet, fast for the street, cold air etc. I brought it home and she said that car is so eighties, Oh well. Enjoy the New Year. I should brought home an IROC Z. The GN is a Classic.

tta 1240,

I sent you an e-mail this morning and I just re-sent it let me know if you receive it.

thanks,

As mentioned earlier my wife does not like the car and wants to get either a mustang (boo!!!) or a vette. I wouldn't mind a vette but I would have to put heads and cam or a supercharger for a vette to run even mid elevens. I really believe with a bigger injector this car will go high tens.
QUOTE]

I went from a GN to a Vette, to another Vette, now I'm back in a GN.
Keep the GN, its way more fun and a cat back exhaust does not cost $1000, headers do not cost $1,800, etc...

As an aside, with a good driver a C5 Vette will run 10's with heads and cam. My 03 Z06 ran 11.30 with cam only. 10.90's with heads and cam.

Not only does the wife not like the car I hardly drive it. I have owned the car almost two years and have not put 1000 miles on it. Afraid to drive it anywhere because it is so nice. It's seen the drag strip twice to see what it would run and that's the majority of the driving. Two trips to the strip 50 miles each way and a couple of local cruises and cruising wooward the week of the Dream Cruise.

Is this car still for sale?

Tony,

Sorry. Guy came and picked it up yesterday. Thanks for expressing interest. I already miss the car. That's Ok, next week I will be ordering my new 421 sbc shortblock for my malibu. Hoping for 9.50's on the bottle.;)

Yeah, that is too bad. I just live 8 miles north of you. It sure looked like a nice car from the pics you sent me back in January. Does the new owner live in the area?