1987 GN 56k miles in NJ $10,500

turbogreg

Tuition is coming up and time to get rid of one of the cars. Selling my 1987 Buick Grand National that I bought just under 3 years ago. I bought the car with 46k miles on it and have since put about 10k miles on the car. First off the car is currently not running thus the reason for the low price. I have very little time to finish working on the car and tuition is due July 14th. The only thing the car needs to be back and ready to go is: the little nut on the starter wire(trying to find on the board), set the cam sensor, charge or get new battery, install fuel lines(have brand new stainless steel lines from kirban) and prime the motor. I blew the pass side headgasket last year and was going to build the bottom end but decided to return the car back to stock. Car used to have a 67mmdbb,RJC FMIC,60lbers,and alky. I had the motor taken out, checked, and had all new gaskets installed. There are plenty of new parts on the car now and a few mods including:Eaton Posi(less than 5k miles),Dynotech Hi-Po Trans(less than 7k on it have receipt over $3000), Big K&N Filter, RJC powerplate, Walboro 340 w/hotwire kit, Dual Electric Fans w/casper hi-lo switch, Turboregalcustoms 3'' DP w/testpipe&dump, Hooker Catback, Rebuilt Stock Turbo w/adjustable wastegate, IAC angle, few billet goodies, blackout turnsignals, adjustable stock appearing fpr, and VDO Boost,Knock,Oil,and temp gauges.The car is a t-top car as well. I am asking $10,500 obo for the car the way it is now. I will contine to work on the car on my free time and of course if I get enough time to get it back running i will relist with a higher price. Will be able to take pictures during the week and anymore questions please email me instead of using PM because I check that more than the forums. my email address is: gammonpsi@hotmail.com
I'm located in Fair Lawn, NJ.

Greg

Greg

can't get pics until sunday but took a few with my cell phone, not digital camera quality but if anyone wants to see it let me know and will send them to you. sent to one member already.

Greg

here are some pics for anyone interested. the stain on the driveway is not oil it's actually water and I do have the front air dams, just took them off to clean them easiers. any questions let me know. those are original miles. car just needs the starter nut, fuel lines to be put on and set the cam sensor before it's ready to fire up. anymore questions feel free to post but better off emailing me as well since i rarely am on the boards anymore. my email is gammonpsi@hotmail.com

Greg

003-9.jpg

006-10.jpg

009-7.jpg

010-8.jpg

011-7.jpg

013-4.jpg

015-2.jpg

016-2.jpg

018-3.jpg

019-2.jpg

If it's that close to starting it up, I think it would be better for you to spend a little time and get the car running. It would be much easyier to sell.

Scot W.

Do you have the wheel moldings and air dams?

What he said, about the wheel moldings

Nice car. Even the turn signal lever looks to be right for a 55kmile car. Still has most of the painted words. The exterior paint looks good?

also greasy fingers and solvents from working on car (mechanics/paint shops/race gas on fingers, etc)

I always look at that. Tells a hidden story kind of.

Car is clean I've been in it and seen it a few years back. The last owner before Greg was anal about keeping it super nice. Greg's foot is just a little to heavy to own a GN! ;) :D For the price if your looking for a clean GN with low miles I'd grab it! I would buy this car but I already have a t top car. I need a hardtop if I'm going to add a new one to the garage :)

car never had race gas run through it. you can carfax it, mileage is correct. have the dams, no biggie to put back on. don't have the wheel moldings anymore, sold to a friend in the area. my cobra is sold and i've already bought a DD and paid tuition for the year so no big rush to sell. will be very reasonably priced once back running. not on the boards too much anymore, but will post on here a little before I put it on autotrader, craigslist, etc..
thanks Jim for the kind words, hope the tta and gn are running good. anymore questions you can email me at: gammonpsi@hotmail.com

Greg

This was my old car and I can say when I sold it to Greg it was ALL stock and looked and ran great! If I had the money I would buy it back in a heart beat!

Good luck with the sale Greg and who ever gets it will be getting a real nice low milage car....oh and yes the milage is correct.

hey, i've had a bunch of people email about the car. i'm just waiting on a cam sensor bracket and then i can finish up the car. I'm willing to sell the car the way it is if people are interested for $10,250 firm cash. When it's back running the price will obviously be a bit more. i have a few more pictures of the car as well if anyone is interested you can email at gammonpsi@hotmail.com and i will send them when i get a chance. anymore questions let me know. also, i'm sorry but i'm not interested in any trades.

Greg