1986 T Type - Cape Coral, FL

Paul Lohr

I sold the car on 6/14/2014. Thanks everyone for your interest.

Price: $2800

Quick summary:

It does not run. It is silver. It really looks pretty decent overall. The interior is dark blue. It has the Buick 3.8 V6 turbocharged / intercooled engine. The car certainly has some rust. I have made some improvements to it already but there is quite a bit left to do.

Improvements:
The improvements include new bumper fillers, restored headlamp buckets with new headlight adjusters, and new retaining brackets for the power windows. The rollers and pivot points for the power windows have been lubricated. The windows have been adjusted to seal nicely. There is new door weatherstrip that goes with the car. The previous owner added a larger aftermarket down pipe, probably from Terry Houston. Also the intercooler has a larger inlet neck from Duttweiler.

Pictures:
https://plus.google.com/photos/1169...s/6022326178109441169?authkey=CLLar-LQldyZigE

Details:
The car drove pretty nicely when I purchased it. The transmission functioned as it should. No noises from the engine. One of the camshaft lobes was starting to wear down.

The interior is pretty nice. Some wear on the driver's seat but it is not too bad. It has some gauges that have been nicely installed - boost, knock, oil pressure, and water temperature.

The engine was taken out, taken apart, then put back together and re-installed in the car. But not with gaskets. I had another more important project come up so I had to put the T-Type back together. At a minimum the engine needs removed, cleaned up, and reassembled with new gaskets and new cam / lifters. This could be done at the cost of your time and probably very little in parts and gaskets. Or a complete rebuild?

There is rust on the inside of the rocker panels on both sides. This is not visible. Rust behind the driver side rear wheel. I think the rust in the doors has been repaired. Rust is starting to show through on the rocker panels, below the doors. There is rust around the door hinges. Generally the car looks decent but closer examination will reveal quit a bit of rust.

I will make time to answer your questions. Thanks for your consideration.

Paul Lohr
cell: 865-309- four five 96

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I sold the T-type yesterday (6/14/2014). It was sad to see it go. Praise the Lord that a nice young man bought it and will enjoy it.

The mileage was 141653.