1986 buick GN wont turn over/start

Got power dash lights up.... when i turn it over i get nothing...........just recharged the battery and put it in.......cables are on tight....what should i check?

Did you try tapping the starter and trying to turn over at the same time? 2 man job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried twisting the base of the steering column while turning the key?Sometimes the linkage or cable can cause this to happen.

I had the same problem a few wks ago and it ended up being my alarm. I jumped the alarm and it fired right up.

If your alarm has a starter kill relay AND the alarm is what's keeping your car from starting, you should hear a 'click' under the dash from the relay cutting power to the starter.

Clip a test light to the small trigger wire on the starter solenoid and hit the switch. If the light lights up, you know the solenoid is getting power and the problem is down stream. Which will pretty much mean the starter or starter area.

Well I'm not sure if there all the same but I cut the whole alarm out. Undid all the working they did.

If your alarm has a starter kill relay AND the alarm is what's keeping your car from starting, you should hear a 'click' under the dash from the relay cutting power to the starter.

Clip a test light to the small trigger wire on the starter solenoid and hit the switch. If the light lights up, you know the solenoid is getting power and the problem is down stream. Which will pretty much mean the starter or starter area.

where can i find this wire?

Mine were underneath the steering wheel. Up under the dash by the fuse box.

Have you gotten under the car and looked at your starter like acouple ppl have sudgested ?

Got it started!!!! turned out to be a bad battery that happen to give a reading of being full via my battery tinder junior...so i thought it was good.
Thanks everyone for the help........