1984 to 1987 trans. are they the same?

went on the web trying to find the diff, all i could find is that you do want the 86-87 trans. i know the valve body is diff, not sure about anything else

Couple differences

Servo is different, smaller on the 84-85
govenor is ever so slightly different
VB is a little different. (But usuable)
Front pump is a 082 casting, not 690, and does not have seal fluid reliefs and bushing lip retainer.
Input shaft is slightly different as well

But it is a BQ code and a very good trans. and would work in a pinch and work well.

Bruce
WE4

In my experiences, the 1981-1984 will NOT have a hardened sun shell. 85 on up have them. Otherwise, everything Bruce said. :D

Thank you Bruce and Eric!!! :D I have a chance to pick one up cheap so I thought it might not be bad to have on the shelf. I have one hot air car but the tran. is a fresh rebuild my other cars are 87's it would be intended for one of those if needed. :cool:

Thanks guys..

But this is 87gn pony killers thread so I won't hijack....

Great point on the hardened driveshell , forgot about that but usually and I say usually the 84-85 already has it but that is a minimal negative and changed easily and cheap.
Gettin old and the surgery has me a little forgetful these days LOL'

I would pick it up if you have the chance. Good thing to hoard LOL:biggrin::biggrin:

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

But this is 87gn pony killers thread so I won't hijack....

Great point on the hardened driveshell , forgot about that but usually and I say usually the 84-85 already has it but that is a minimal negative and changed easily and cheap.
Gettin old and the surgery has me a little forgetful these days LOL'

I would pick it up if you have the chance. Good thing to hoard LOL:biggrin::biggrin:

Bruce
WE4
PTS XTREME

lol no worries about a hijack Bruce... I was thinking the same as I had not seen your name around much either in a while.

the price is right and it is known good but there is always some room on the extra parts shelf :D Thanks again!!! good to know all of this!!!