1983 Regal Wagon with a bonus!

CliffyC

Have a 1983 Regal wagon daily driver for sale. Car has new paint (Maaco), new front seat upholstery, new headliner, complete set of 15" Buick ralleys and center caps. Odometer reads 85K, probably turned over once. This car was rescued from previous owner who neglected it for several year leaving it out in the weather.

Here's the bonus, it has an '87 Mr Goodwrench dealer replacement V6, 109 block. I bought it a little over a year ago with the idea of converting it to a turbo car but with all my other projects.....well, you know how it goes.

The car runs and drives fine and is very reliable. I did all the body prep before taking it to Maaco but must admit I missed several parking lot dings, looks great though from 10 ft. Body is solid, no rust, good glass, doors and tail gate shut fine.

I have always liked wagons and this one is no exception. They are much rarer than the Chevy Malibu or Olds Cutlass as Buick only made them in '82 and '83. I live in the Northwest so this car would probably not be worth shipping cross country unless someone is really hot for it. I still think it would be a good candidate for a hibrid or just a driver if that's all you want.

Price - $1,750

Can send more pics if needed.

Attachments

• HPIM0536.JPG
    HPIM0536.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,992
  • HPIM0537.JPG
    HPIM0537.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,598
Nice car! Wish I was closer.....

Quick question about the Dealer warranty block. Does this mean that it has a blank vehicle serial number pad- no vehicle serial number? Unless the dealer re-stamped it, of course.

John

I like it. I'll contact my shipper and see what he would charge. Its a driver right? It costs a lot more to move an inop vehicle.

I saw a few G body wagons for sale up at Jefferson WI swap meet this weekend. They were asking a lot more than $1750 for them. If had room and time for this wagon I would be all over it at that price.

Serial number?

Yankee John, don't follow you about the serial number pad?? The block has the casting number of all turbo blocks along the #5 cylinder wall that ends in 109 and has the boss on the front that can be drilled for the turbo oil return. This block should have the same heads, rods, and crank as a standard Turbo Regal motor. Although I have seen some of these blocks that have cranks with only rolled fillets on the mains and not the rods. I haven't had the valve covers off (although I'm sure the heads are correct) or the pan to varify the crank.

Driver

Staged 70,
Oh yes, it is a driver, could us a carb rebuild. Doesn't use oil, trans shifts good, handles nice. Drove it for about 6-8 months to work and church on Sundays.

would you feel comfortable to drive it to Boise if you had to?? That is under the auspice of me buying it and driving it back.

Ron

Also would you be interested in a part trade for a 87 Buick Skyhawk Turbo with about 84K miles, the car does have horrible paint though, but is not all dented and banged up, GN type interior, see some pics in this section, let me know and I can drive it over and drive the wagon home if all works out.

Ron

Drive to Boise

Ronbuick. See no reason why it wouldn't drive to Boise, or beyond. Does good on the highway. If your coming to Turbo Thunder in July and you want to swing through Portland that might be a good time to check it out. Assuming of course I still have it. I'm not really in a big hurry to sell it and I'm surprised it's getting this much interest on the first day. Just got it fixed up to the point where I like it but as I said, too many other projects.

I've seen pictures of your Skyhawk, very interesting but I've got too many cars now. Thanks anyway.

Look at the side of the block. If it says SG1 on the side, then it probably has the turbo crank. I've picked up a few Goodwrench motors in the junkyards, and the SG1 blocks had the rolled fillets on the mains and rods. The others did not

SG1 block

So where exactly on the side of the block would I find this SG1? Is it cast in like the other numbers? Can't see very much of the block from under the car.

It is on the side of the block (going from memory here). The letters are raised and about 2 inches tall. Not sure, but I think it would be on the driver's side near the back. I'll try to remember to look and see if I still have one at home and where it is.