1981 Buick Regal Pace Car on ebay

I can see why no one met the reserve. Only a solid Regal buff understands the true value of this car. The '81 Regal alone is a collector's 'must have' in my opinion. (Although not worth as much as the rare turbo-charged versions). Naturally I am biased about this.

My reasoning behind this is because the '81 Regal was the first in the very successful 'G' body style that we all have on our cars. In fact, it was so successful that it carried this body style all the way up to the end with the legendary GNX in 1987. The '80-81 ECM system was not used again on the '82's, and the base model Regal itself was very basic and shared the same interior as the earlier 78-'80 Regal's. (1980 being the closing year of the smaller body style that defined the '70's Regal.)

The 1981 Regal Pace car was the one that started it all in my opinion. With the creation of the 1982 SC/GN, (which is still a Regal), the potential legend continued. All the Regal versions from '82 on up, (which include the turbo-charged versions), share the same design concept. And it all ended in 1987. :(

The '81 Pace car, the '82 SC/GN, the '83-T's and the 84-86 GN's all came to a successful completion with the GNX.

I don't think that the seller is going to meet his reserve. More time is needed before anyone would realizes the true value of the 1981 Regal. (Even a limited Pace car version). There're just too many of them around, and not as rare and exotic. :(