1978 Bandit Trans Am, Original, T-top, 400 6.6L

Isn't Y82 the option code for a Bandit Edition in 1978? Why do you think this is a Bandit? Good luck with the sale. Very good looking car!

That is not a bandit Special edition car here are the codes for the bandits

Y81 is a no ttop car bandit. 77-78
Y82 is hurst ttops bandit car 77-78
Y84 is fisher ttops bandit car and ALL bandits late 78 on.

Isn't Y82 the option code for a Bandit Edition in 1978? Why do you think this is a Bandit? Good luck with the sale. Very good looking car!

Pontiac never made "Bandit edition" cars, they had SE's. I never said this car was an SE, I just said, it was my Bandit. All the Blackbird T/A's SE or not are considered bandits, mostly by the owners, including me. Either way its still a nice T/A.

I never said it was an SE T/A. Pontiac never made "Bandit edition" T/A's. Those codes you have are for the SE T/A's. Usually all the blackbird T/A's, SE or not are called Bandit cars, mostly by the owners, including my self. I just called it my bandit. Either way its a nice original T/A. Thanks!

I never said it was an SE T/A. Pontiac never made "Bandit edition" T/A's. Those codes you have are for the SE T/A's. Usually all the blackbird T/A's, SE or not are called Bandit cars, mostly by the owners, including my self. I just called it my bandit. Either way its a nice original T/A. Thanks!

I was just answering a question, and you can see i called them SE bandit cars as i know they didnt make an official bandit car.

So what if it's not an SE. Anybody who sees it will instantly think Bandit. I love T/A's. That one looks like a beauty.

I was just answering a question, and you can see i called them SE bandit cars as i know they didnt make an official bandit car.

Well I guess, thanks for answering 1 of the 2 questions that he had for me.:rolleyes:

I used to have one of these cars years ago!! Someday would love to have one again!!! Still love the dash and steering wheel!! Good luck!!!

And if I recall right, weren't the Hurst T tops the smaller ones and the Fisher ones the larger ones?

Pontiac never made "Bandit edition" cars, they had SE's. I never said this car was an SE, I just said, it was my Bandit. All the Blackbird T/A's SE or not are considered bandits, mostly by the owners, including me. Either way its still a nice T/A.

Correct, the SE line started in 1976, and I believe featured the gold pin striping accents. The name "Bandit" came from the movie.

So what if it's not an SE. Anybody who sees it will instantly think Bandit. I love T/A's. That one looks like a beauty.

Yes, it seems any black late 70's Trans AM is known as a "Bandit" car even though some were actual SE cars and some were just black cars with the bird.

Anyways the SE Trans AM was always one of my dream cars. A very sharp bird. I would love to own one, only problem is I'd have to modify it for more power. The stock 220 hp 400 wouldn't cut it for me....I'd have to custom build a nice 455 for it. :cool: