1968 Olds 442 Tribute, 455, Turbo 400, 12-Bolt

Dave C

Life is Short ~ Enjoy Your Ride!
1968 Cutlass S built into a very accurate 442 tribute back in the 70’s. Body and paint are extremely nice with only one patch used on the lower driver’s side qtr panel back when the car was painted (1995). The panels are extremely straight and the paint is very, very reflective as you can see. All bumper chrome and stainless is perfect as is the grilles and glass, the weather-stripping is getting a bit hard but is still presentable – the car is used as a third car, only in good weather. The complete drive-train has less than 5,000 miles on it since being done back in the 90’s. 1970 Olds 455, big valve “E” heads that have been ported and polished, Mondello pistons, Edelbrock roller cam (lumpy), and rockers, high volume oil pump, windage tray, ARP bolts, 10.5:1 compression, runs real strong, no ticks and no leaks – estimated to run at 550hp/650lb ft. Headers and new 3” exhaust out NOS 442 tips, the trans is a rebuilt Turbo 400, all heavy duty internals with a trans cooler. The rear is a rebuilt Olds 12-Bolt rear with 4:11’s. The front suspension is completely new ball joints, tie-rods, pitman arm, ider arm, center link – everything, including the 442/AC springs, ADDCO sway bar with poly bushings. Options include power steering and power disc brakes. All new brake parts including calipers, drums, rotors, vacuum canister for the booster works perfect. The suspension is all new outback as well, I’m running “old school” Lakewood track bars so I could retain the sway bar, she looks beefy as hell from the back. The car still has the original black interior with buckets and console, all still in very nice shape – seat foams could use replacing from my big ass but work fine as they are. The radio was updated with an AM-FM-CD with remote. All in all this car is 100%, it runs, drives, handles, and stops better than it did when new and the car really hooks up hard and gets down the road in a hurry! During the summer you could use this as your everyday driver, it’s that reliable. The pictures are old, it has 15” Cragar SS wheels on it now, (rear 275/60, front 255/60) I also redid the hood and removed the gauges. The engine chrome has also been toned down a bit – looks more like I would’ve built it back in the 70’s. Asking $21,500 obo

Video >> YouTube - 1968 Oldsmobile 442 Tribute / 455, Turbo 400, 12-Bolt 4:11's

68442passside.jpg

cet46igewkkgrhqvh0e0fii.jpg

feb172011028.jpg

feb172011015.jpg

feb172011029.jpg

feb172011027.jpg

feb172011018.jpg

feb172011030.jpg

She's a fun car - it'll be a great running summer car for someone...

Thanks guys!

-dc-

Week-end Bump & Price drop - $17,500
I just found out a 340 Duster that I was interested in is coming up for sale...

Thanks guys!

-dc-

hello peoples: I see your a fellow Mass Hole and a big block Hi Po is gonna be a hard sell these days. Good luck selling it.
Are you an Olds fan? Meaning do you belong to any Olds clubs? Why I ask is I have a friend (Newton boy) who has a mint 71 442. He tells me he does the car shows in the summer and his son has a recently done GN for sale. Rich is is name and sometimes the world is not as big as you think.
I use to have a 69 Cutlass conv. for a long time and I have a special fondness for them.
IBBY
PS where's the four sp. standard?

Nah - it's easy to sell a good car at a good value anytime of the year - I just sold my beloved 1959 Cadillac (pic'd below) to a guy in Norway yesterday for $40k - and they won't see the sun for another month...

I've never sold a non-Turbo car on this forum, but it's not really the place most old-schooler's would look for an A-Body GM car.

I have a couple 4-spd cars in the garage, 67 Hemi GTX and a 70 LS6 Chevelle, but they aren't for sale.

The Cutlass just a stray I picked up along the way, but it drives better than the two "queens" I have in the garage, and is real solid.

112010013.jpg

Thanks
Dave
Wakefield, MA

hello: You probably know more about buying and selling than I would as I seem to hold on to things. But there is a difference between a mint stock car and a Hi-Po with everything all changed. Look at the TB I personally wouldn't buy an alky sqirtin, huge FMI, and drag slicks. That's not for me. I like a milder hi-po.
Did you ever do RC. I use to go to a track that was in Wakefield? RC was hot around here in the early 90's.
IBBY

nah - it's easy to sell a good car at a good value anytime of the year - i just sold my beloved 1959 cadillac (pic'd below) to a guy in norway yesterday for $40k - and they won't see the sun for another month...

I've never sold a non-turbo car on this forum, but it's not really the place most old-schooler's would look for an a-body gm car.

I have a couple 4-spd cars in the garage, 67 hemi gtx and a 70 ls6 chevelle, but they aren't for sale.

The cutlass just a stray i picked up along the way, but it drives better than the two "queens" i have in the garage, and is real solid.

112010013.jpg

thanks
dave
wakefield, ma

tongue wag :d