16" MT radials... 60ft?

ive had them since start of season so i wouldnt call them new :)

i used them well past when the grooves disappeared and only just found them slipping away as i got close to the cords.

i was always lead to beleive based on all i read that i would need a tall 28" tire to run fast and i would need a 15" tire to get a good 60' .
right off the bat i was doing 1.6s and got them to low of 1.588 on my 87 , on the 86 w/tbrake at 8psi boost launch they were hitting 1.50s
ive tried 28" slicks and usually hit 1.6 mids to 1.7 and mph is usually lower inthe 1/8 and 1/4 ,
the 16" MT street radials just plain work for me and run lower ET's with them vs slicks ,
not the greatest tire for daily use due to the fast wear but they work great on the street as i haven't found another tire yet that i can take on the road and even come close to putting the pedal down like i can on the MT's and they feel as good as my eagles .
ive seen some cars running the MT's into the low 9s ,

pacecarta said:
right off the bat i was doing 1.6s and got them to low of 1.588 on my 87 , on the 86 w/tbrake at 8psi boost launch they were hitting 1.50s

Wow, 1.5x on a 16"??? :eek:

Pacecarta...

What suspension mods have you done on your cars....springs,control arms, airbags, etc....Also, what tire pressures were you running in them & what is your burnout procedure?

Thanks, The Darkside

heat them up a little bit to clean them off , get them too hot and they dont stick as well

87 hit good on both stock bars, airbags (15pass ,7 driver) and southside style(no rubber bushing ) lowers and adjustable heim end uppers .
i tried no front bar and did worse , now I have the HR parts HD rear bar and no front bar and bags empty
leaving off footbrake with about 3-5 psi , tires at 17 psi was getting 1.6 to 1.65s went to 22lbs and got a 1.588 and top end mph went up
on the slicks right now leaving harder Im only getting 1.65-1.75s

86 stock uppers , boxed in stock lowers , OE bushings, HR parts HD sway bar
off transbrake at 3750 rpm (7-8 psi) has hit 1.50s pretty consistent ,
, 17lbs in tire for the 1.50s but i had 22 1/2 psi when i hit the 1.522 and gained at the top due to the added air presssure.
this car has 6 point roll bar and with a dfi on slicks was doing 1.40s but with alot more launch boost