15x8 weld pro stars 4.5" BS tire size

does anyone know off hand if a set of BFG,275/60/R15 drag radials on crager 5 stars 15-8 with 3.5 back spacing would fit on a 87 GN with no modifications (lip roll or frame notched)? Thanks Tom

I have Prostars in 15x8's 4.5" BS with 1/4" spacer, 275 50 Mickey drag radials zero rub on the frame or fender perfect fitment on my car...

MrOverkill Did u have to change ur studs to a longer set ?? I have the same size wheel-but my tire is a 275/60/15 but with a 1/2 inch spacer and rubbing the frame rail. Would I have to go to a 1/4"spacer also.Thanks

Yes I have extended studs and open end lugs, I would swap them strictly from a safety standpoint with a spacer otherwise you don't really have alot of threads to bite on inside the lug. They are easy to swap and not expensive at all, most tracks around here will fail you right off the bat in the tech line if you run an aftermarket wheel without an open ended lug and longer studs. I've seen a Chevelle have one if it's Prostars come off going down the road from running a spacer and not having enough stud inside the lug nut so it's cheap insurance ;)

As for the spacer if you reduce the thickness you will be putting the tire even closer to the frame rail and it will rub even more, that's really not that much tire and it shouldn't be rubbing if the offset is correct. Have you double checked the wheel to make sure it wasn't somehow misboxed or did you get them used? Get a tape and a straight edge and check the back side of the wheel to the mouting flange. Also you can try a little trick to test fitment by taking the wheel and mouting it backwards on the axle and crawl under to see how your looking as far as the clearance goes...

Ok Thank's were did you find the stud's at and lug nut's at. I'm thinking of just going to a 255/60/15 and be done with it I really don't wont to roll my fender's up.My offset is a 4.5' bs 15/8 pro-star. I found 2 part #'s for longer stud's a Dorman- rnb-610-323 and a arp-100-7708 I haven't researched the lug nut's yet.Any help is good I'm quite the 255's would clear no prob.

Summit or Jegs should have everything you need, I use ARP and Moroso studs. The lugs and washers you need are easy to find just call Summit or Jegs and they will sort you out with the correct ones...

Mroverkill what back spacing do you have on front? what tire size? anyone know if 15x7 4.5 bs fit on front?

I THINK A 15/7 WITH 4.5 BS WILL WORK BUICK83- T Im about to put a 15/6 4.5 bs on the front of mine with a 215/65/15 .I'm planning on going to a 255/60/15 instead of the 275/60/15 in the rear with Summit prostar wheels can i use the stock lug nuts ?? My rears are 15/8 with 4.5' bs ...

I just bought new centerline wheels for my 87 T Type 15x7w3.5 bs on the front with 215/65/15 tires and 15x8w4 bs with 255/60/15 tires on the rear with no problems

I have 15"x3.5" Prostars with 1.75" bs, the new 18"x7" Coys I just ordered for the front have 4.5 bs so I'd assume a 15x7 on a 4.5 would fit just the same....

And Dre no you can't use use stock lugs they will not even come close to working...

Ok MrOverkill so I should use the shank type lugnuts i think ???? So the stock studs should be ok ??? I'm tired of palying this guessing game with these dam wheels'''''Thanks alot

Yes you need a lug with a shoulder on it due to the way the wheel is made. You actually squash the hub portion of the wheel when you bolt it down. Go on summits website and pull up the wheel your looking at and it will have a spot that says other parts you may need or something like that and click on that it will show you the lugs and the washers you need just make sure you get the right thread pitch and count. Also make sure you get one washer per lug as well otherwise you can ruin your new wheels...