13.530 @ 99.056 mph on Street tires

8TurboT7

Team Legion
Yup this weekend was my 1st time at the track with the T. My best time was 13.530 @ 99.056 mph on Street tires a Coldair, 16psi and 91octane. I guessing not bad for pretty much being stock, right?

Absolutely stock? Down to the air canister? Which chip? I have a totally stock GN and it doesn't feel that quick:frown: ...on private testing grounds of course:rolleyes:
That's awesome~:cool:

All I have is a coldair kit and 16psi of boost. I would leave the like at about 5psi. My best 60ft was 1.917

That sounds about right. When my T-type was stock (been so long now I forgot) I ran a 13.7 @97mph with the stock chip, air cleaner canister, etc. Watching the boost it would spike to 14psi a few times. On street tires.. It pulled a 1.93 60'. Now throw somemore timing and boost at it with race gas and you should be mid-12's with sticky tires of course.

86 TR, what do you mean throw some timing at it, and boost? You mean just adjust the timing by moving the crank, and then adjusting the cam sensor? Is it really that easy on the 86 87 cars? Also, how much boost can you run on the stock turbo and intercooler? And does the stock chip accept you upping the boost and messing with the timing like that?

By the way, nice times for just a CAI! =-)

I'm pretty sure he meant a specific 'race' chip. Get up with Eric at TurboTweak Home and he'll hook you up with one. With the 'race' chip, it'll give you more timing and it'll allow you to run 20-21 pounds of boost. It'll also be a lot more forgiving should detonation occur. Of course, doing that a few times will have you changing your O2 sensor!

Or you could get one of Eric's 100 octain chips and run 100ul and not worry about the O2 getting fouled.:wink:

86 TR, what do you mean throw some timing at it, and boost? You mean just adjust the timing by moving the crank, and then adjusting the cam sensor? Is it really that easy on the 86 87 cars? Also, how much boost can you run on the stock turbo and intercooler? And does the stock chip accept you upping the boost and messing with the timing like that?

By the way, nice times for just a CAI! =-)

Yeah, what I meant was get a race chip to up the timing and boost and throw some good gas in it and have some fun. Like Eric's Turbo Tweak Chip.

Ive run as much as 24psi boost with the stock turbo and intercooler. That netted me a 12.20 @ 108 mph last year. Once you get past 20psi the stock turbo isnt to efficient anymore. Thats where the bigger turbo's and intercoolers really start to work good.

86, was that with EVERYTHING stock? The suspension, tires, everything!!!???? and can you get a second chip that is used for regular 93 gas, and still run close to the same times?

Also, when you adjust timing, is that when you move the crank to the timing mark you want, then move the cam sensor??

86, was that with EVERYTHING stock? The suspension, tires, everything!!!???? and can you get a second chip that is used for regular 93 gas, and still run close to the same times?

Also, when you adjust timing, is that when you move the crank to the timing mark you want, then move the cam sensor??

The engine is a stock rebuild with a hotter cam. The heads are stock but freshened up not ported. The rear suspension is stock except for 2 airbags, and a pinion snubber. Im using M/T E.T. drag slicks, 28x9-15. You can get another chip for 93 octane but your gonna have to turn the boost down to about 17 psi. So the car will not be as fast as the race chip. The race chip has more timing than a street chip.

As far as timing goes you don't adjust anything. The chip controls the timing and fuel curve. So plug it in and go play.

Is your car bone stock??? If so your gonna have to upgrade the fuel pump, hot wire kit, get a adjustable fuel press. regulator, scan tool etc. etc. Before you add any chip!!!!!!! The stock fuel system on these cars are marginal at best in the stock setup...

Timing and fueling can be adjusted with the Turbo Tweak chips from Eric. The cam sensor is set to one spot and pretty much left there. With my old 93 Thrasher chip I got to high 12s with minor mods ie; CAI, hot wire/pump, no cat, Hooker cat back and drag radials. With the TT chip the tune could have been refined some so maybe more was to be had.