12 Gauge ? Auto.

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Whats the best stainless 12 gauge out there these days for home defense?
Off the shelf.
Best ammo. indoors.

Why stainless? My Browning Auto5 and Remington work fine and the Browning is mechanical rather than gas so it really doesn't have a lot of issues, even when wet.:D

Looking at getting a Mossberg 930-spx soon, hopefully. Benelli M4 is on my list as well...

#4-shot in the house, to protect what's on the other side of a wall. 00-buck outside the house...

K.

Get any good pump gun with an 18" barrel... Remington 870 , Mossberg 500 . Why a pump ? Because everyone knows that sound of you racking in the first round. Ammo... opinions differ, but I like #4 buck for the first 2 then finish with slugs.

Attachments

• Rem870.jpg
    Rem870.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 96
Personally I like the semi-auto's better, especially for quick follow-ups. I don't like to rack any gun as a warning to the intruder, a verbal warning and a quick blip of light is all he needs to hear & see. The semi-auto's are typically more expensive though.

K.

Not sure of any in SS... I know Remington makes an 870 and Mossberg makes a 500 in SS but nothing in semi...

How about the benelli m4?
I guess theres lots of them out there to choose from.
Thanks for the help!!!

How about the benelli m4?
I guess theres lots of them out there to choose from.
Thanks for the help!!!

The Benelli M4 is a bada$$ semi-auto shotgun! Not in my price range at the moment, but I will own one. Lots of accessories are available for it, and you can easily add an extension tube for a couple extra rounds.

K.

the ultimate in conflict resolution.... to hell with the auto part(not even that fast) its all about the "recoil system" so you can stay accurate for more than one shot

Why put a lot of $$ in something the cops will end up with? You can BET yurass, they will take it with them, if you ever have to use it.
Our local "fuzz" recommend #6 shot. That's what I have in my Maverick 88. Gives good coverage at 50'.:cool:
Why warn the perp?? He may already be set on kill. If he's already in the house, it's time to TCOB.
For that reason, my 88 has a full load and 1 in the chamber...A true "point and clik" device!:D

you can get an AA-12 in a semi...

ther in texas there area a few ways to get a class 3 weapon legally

you can get an AA-12 in a semi...

ther in texas there area a few ways to get a class 3 weapon legally

I googled the aa12 they are $12,000. Yes twelve thousand dollars!!!!! I don't think al wants to spend that!

Although it is a bada$$ gun !!!!!

huh... when i searched it i found 2300 if you can find one inthe US and if in canada 7-800$ for a semi auto