12" brakes, how much wider?

biasbob

Hi,
I did the 12" brake mod a few months ago, and am still trying to get the car to track better. I'm using the same tires as before the mod, though they probably are aggravating the problem. Replaced the drag link [they don't seem to call it a drag link anymore] and idler arm, tie rod ends are tight, all new ball joints. The alignment specs are pretty much dead center for normal GN. I asked the front end guy if he thought that the fact the front track was a little wider could be causing this. He said he didn't think so. I am thinking it might, so I am asking if anyone knows the exact amount of front track increase the B body spindles and 1LE rotors add when doing this mod. I want to make some spacers that are the exactly the same for the rears, won't cost much, might fix it. BTW, tires are 245 50 16 BFG KDW fronts and 255 50 16 BFG drag radials on the rear. BFG responded to my question about a compatible front tire for street use with the TA.
So, does anyone have that spec? I have heard .2" to .25" and I think that's per side.
Thanks,

It's more like a 1/2 inch wider on each side. I did this upgrade and didn't have any problem with alignment and run 255 BFG G Forces up front. They did the alignment with the hand held ( old style tools ) so they didn't mess up my rims. What did you have them set it at?
Tarey D.

Thanks for the reply.
I don't have ths spec sheet handy, but it was pretty much in the center of the tolerances for a stock setup. He said it set up real good.

Yep you have the proper control arms thats for sure.

you should send robert an email on this he might help out.