11 sec, Needs?

XBreed

Ok the car I have was a 12.1 car (slips for proof) stock short block, stock turbo, stock suspenion, stock IC. Mild cam, unsure on specs, very mild head work, 50# inj and one of two aftermarket chips in it. I am going to have the short block rebuild by a TR builder, thinking of going slightly bigger on the turbo, doing a bunch of suspenion work and a front mount IC. Cam I have not decided on yet but I am thinking of getting one from comp cams. Is 11 seconds a realistic number if it was only .2 away to begin with? I would like mid to low 11s. Thanks

yes. with what you have and tunning you could go 11's. Why the rebuild? As far as a cam i would go with the 206/206. good luck

As stated in one of my other threads I have two spun rod bearings and it is just time for a rebuild so I know what I am starting with. I know the cam that is in it is mild and it might be that 206/206. i just saw the one in summit from comp cams, 224/224 and was thinking about going that route. Thanks for the input.

206/206 have gone easy mid 10s .. why go bigger ?? you want a race car or a street car ?? like others have said you can go 11s with what you "had" :cool:

206/206 it is. That works for me thanks. I want a street car so I am content with that.

I will consider the stretcher stock mount and I forgot to say that I want to put a progressive alky kit on it but i am not sure what difference that will make. Thanks again guys.

The precision Stock Location is a nice intercooler. also the progressive alky will not only let you increase boost thus making more power but will also have a cooling effect witch also makes power

i would agree. julio's kit is near the the top of the list for the best bang for the $$$

If you want to keep the stock type street manners do a stock rebuild with better fasteners, the better 206-206 cam like mentioned above and maybe a set of mild ported heads and portmatched intake. It will definately run mid to low 11's and then some.

My all stock motor runs 11.20's;)

Geeze, ya'll make it sound so easy. :D I have 6765wcbb-V4-50lb inj-cc 206/212-Razor's kit- Monroe 62TB-stock pp heads-rebuilt tranny by Eric with Pat's 10in 32/34 stall-air bags....etc and can;t get my goal of 11.5. :rolleyes: new 340 & FPR with WB on way as I'm fighting a lean condition. don't let your kids know you will be spending their collage fund.;) or wife.:D because once you start it never ever ever ever ever ends.:biggrin:

I decided to go with a rebuild that includes forged pistons but stock rods and crank. I will be doing a few other things to the bottom end and will be going with the 206/206 cam but as a roller. Heads will be done up some. And that is about it for the time being but thanks for the input.

great plan .. easy 11 sec or 10 OR 9s with what you bolt onto it :eek: well maybe not easy but doable :p