11.05 118.95 on a TA49 and 93octane

pacecarta

LOGGED OUT
Staff member
alky control and turbo tweak come through again!!
went back to another track tonight with john to help him try to get a little more out of his car that put down an 11.18 last friday and got booted for no bar

this is on a TA49 93 octane and MT drag radials
details here http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/al...ch/266276-11-18-117-ta49-93-alkycontroll.html

added a little more fuel bumped timing up a little and pulled some 1st gear fuel and brought boost up to 24psi , he made an 1/8 mi test pass , the egts were down to 1615 , then he let er' rip , and it launched so hard he knocked the DS cable halfway loose from the ecm and that shorted the ecm out which led to a few pops and a loss of power ending up with a 13 second pass @78mph , he didnt know what happened it ran like crap down the return road and he thought he took out the motor and was preparing to put it on the trailer
fixed that reprogrammed the chip and told him to get back out there

congrats john !!!
heres the results

6.951 @ 96.92
11.052 @ 118.95

and the track official was waiting for him on the return road asking that he not run that fast again and advised him to lift at the top or get a bar

not a ten slip but im sure hes really happy about it

HAPPY ain't the word I'd use to describe these runs!!! Thanks again Pauly!!! On the second run, it left so hard my eyes were rattling!!! :D When they came back into view I heard the loud pop and had visions of pistons and connecting rods hanging out of the block!!! After checking it out Pauly said "you didn't hurt it...get back out there and make me proud"!! I think I accomplished that!!! :D

Way to go.. that is absolutely smoking... Its good to be the King :D

Who need big turbos!??

Great job.....

And... spill the combo already........

A 49 in the 10's is a rareity...... TinMan did it I think.... not sure who else has put the 49 in the 10's..... looks like you are more than capable....

Again....great job.....

Who need big turbos!??

Great job.....

And... spill the combo already........

A 49 in the 10's is a rareity...... TinMan did it I think.... not sure who else has put the 49 in the 10's..... looks like you are more than capable....

Again....great job.....

I posted the combo last week

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/al...-18-117-ta49-93-alkycontroll.html#post2005386

only thing i forget to post was rear suspension
southside bars with welded in relocate brackets, HR parts sway bar, hr parts motor mounts, comp engineering 50/50 shocks at rear

and heres the video
YouTube - Atco_Drag_Racing (10/24/2008)

congratulations guy's that's one heck of a slip.john, does the car have a stock cam?what was the launch boost?that 60ft and 330ft is awesome!

I drive into the staging beams at about 1500rpm. As the tree comes down I raise the rpm to 3000, about 10lbs boost. On the last yellow I mash the accelerator to the floor. As last yellow is going out I dump the brake and it blasts off at 4600rpm...24lbs boost!!!

his converter stall at just below 3200 (0psi) so he can hold 3k without really raising the vehicle and then drop the hammer just before light changes
i have the protorque 28-3200 , i hold 2750 at lights and then drop it just before it goes green , usully lift brake at about 4- 5psi and converter flashes to 42-4400rpm before car moves boost is acheived almost instantly with the little turbos even with an .82 housing