108 chip

VernLee

I'm going to norwalk racing on monday, cars running great, I'm full of 108 oct. with alky. I'm running a poston 93 chip now,no problems, I have a reds 108 chip, but have never tried it, I was thinking about putting it in my car after a couple of runs with the 93 chip, would you guys do this ? what should I expect from the 108 ? or since it runs so good the way it is, should I just leave it alone ? first time to the track in 25 yrs. it's a street car, but I would like to make a good showing, keep the buick name up there you know:D I would love to smoke some big block chevs.
thanks
Vern

The 108 Chip is usually set up for high boost and high octane. When your MAF reaches its limits of reading air (255) the chip will continue to add fuel, using RPMS and other data to "guess" at how much fuel you will need. There will be a sweet spot for you. Too little boost, and you will run rich (<26PSI as an example). Too much boost and you may have problems. Start off with 24PSI, and look for knock and o2 readings. Keep raising boost untill you are not going any faster, or see knock, or see low 02 volts like<.760 . You should not need alky, unless you are going BIG on boost and need some serious fuel, like 30PSI.