$ 1000 Show quality paint job? Really?

I guess that means that "show" is open for interpretation.

IE... I "showed" it to a guy. or My car was in a "show". err a bunch of cars parked on a Friday night.... or what we assume... the paint on my car is so perfect it would not lose any points in a major car "show".

:D

FWIW & IMHO:
No, that was sort of my error. The guy later explained that he worked in a shop, all he had to do was sand buy paint. I just have/had a hard time believing that a friend of his was going to do what would normally cost about $ 7K or so & upwards depending on locality for $ 1K even if they are friends. Through out the years hve seen a few, and very few, really show quality paint jobs turned out by a friend or such, but very seldom, and I look at a lot of paint jobs. I have to admit that I am afraid to buy anything that needs anything at all, but especially a paint job.

Gary, I don't blame you for being skeptical. One man's show quality paint job may be another guy's Earl Scheib special. There's many people who don't know what they're looking at. ;)

The acronym "TOLTK" behind my name I guess describes my cynacial/skeptical outlook towards everything.
The On-Line Tire Kicker

Everyone's interpitation of a quality paint job is different, On a TR you better strip it to bare metal and start from there or you could be waisting alot of time and $$. If a TR was to come in our shop to get a price for a complete on a car that needed striped we would tell him to cough up about $8K to start with and he would receive a very nice finished product. Next year when I plan to restore my GN I plan to take alot of pics and outline what it really takes to do it right for all to see.

Those who come to appreciate what nice paint and bodywork are all about are rare indeed.

I know that I am ruined... everything I see sucks unless it's ultra straight and smooth as glass.

Oh.. and all factory paint looks like butt.

MJRWOOD said:
Those who come to appreciate what nice paint and bodywork are all about are rare indeed.

I know that I am ruined... everything I see sucks unless it's ultra straight and smooth as glass.

Oh.. and all factory paint looks like butt.

ditto

I don't go to World of Wheels anymore because I am ruined by working at a restoration shop. That and the crowds. :rolleyes: :D