10 vane or 13 vane pump? What shift kit

I'm get my 200r4 rebuild and wanted to know should I stay with 10 vane pump or go to the 13 vane pump? I was thinking of going with transgo shift kit. Have anybody have any good luck with this shift kit

California performance trans shift kit and a .500 boost valve in the pump and Gil younger no yo yo pump rings as well.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

A stock trans comes with a 7 vane. I would stick with it unless you are using a bottom feed filter. But the 7 works the best.

There aren't many good retail kits. I have my own calibration as do many other top builders such as EA and Janis. But if you need to get a kit, try the CPT (Art Carr) or B&M, they would need to be altered to work correct, but would be a good starting point. I am assuming this is a BR-F trans

Contact a vendor and see if they can build you a custom kit for your trans....

Use the stock 7 vane. The only advantage to using a 10 would be more of a stable pressure, however you're reducing the volume of fluid due to the extra vanes taking up reality space in the pump cavity. We really need this volume when the trans shifts. I have tried everything and the stock 7 works the best. This was recommended by Eric at Dynotech years ago.