10.97 on pump gas !!!!!

Originally posted by geno
I think it was 122mph and the car weights 3500lbs with him in it but i can find out for sure if you want me to. He has 2 muflers in the regular spots and a third mufler that is a 2 in and 2 out in the stock location.The third mufler with the 2 in and 2 out cancels out the drone completly..
If you dont mind ,please explain this more,,He has 2muffs in the usual spot==is that under the rear seats befor the rearend .
Does this exit with only a single pipe and not 2 tail pipes sticking out by the rear tires

I hate drone ,,even with SS ultra flows

Dennis' custom exhaust setup is a y-split after the test pipe, two small race mufflers (I forget which brand) located under the rear seat before the rear axle, up and over the axle into the Ultraflow crossflow muffler located in the stock position, then dual pipes to the stock location.

I have the same setup minus the two little muffs and I have a slight drone. I like it, but Dennis is fanatical about having a quiet car. It is impressive.

Great custom work by a local exhaust specialty guy.

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
Dennis' custom exhaust setup is a y-split after the test pipe, two small race mufflers (I forget which brand) located under the rear seat before the rear axle, up and over the axle into the Ultraflow crossflow muffler located in the stock position, then dual pipes to the stock location.

I have the same setup minus the two little muffs and I have a slight drone. I like it, but Dennis is fanatical about having a quiet car. It is impressive.

Great custom work by a local exhaust specialty guy.
So if I understand this correctly ,he has the ATR crossflow system with 2 muffs befor the axel,,are the chamber muffs or straight thru design..
thanks
Dennis

I also have this exhaust setup on my car. I have a 3" converter,(for use behing the Houston downpipe),two Edelbrock center to center 2 1/2" mufflers feeding a Walker stock replacement 2in 2out in the stock location. The guy at the muffler shop custom bent everything. He said it was the worst time he ever had. The bends had to be perfect, as there is only about a 1/2" to 3/4" clearance at certain spots around the rear axle. The car doesn't drone, then again it doesn't run close to high 10's. Great job.

Dennis Hogans killer exhaust system

I would pay major bucks if someone would start selling this....

But, here's what he did.

He took an ATR dual 2.5" pitbull system (I think) and fed it into
a Walker ultraflow 17276(i think) located in the stock location.
Its a dual path ultraflow.

Ken Bodhaine did the work I believe. I think I'll try to make one next spring.

They story is that it is a bunch of work to get it to fit, but it's awesome.....

TurboBob

I'm getting awfully close (info in sig)! Broke tranny on 4th pass so probably not until next year. Track is closing soon and I've been warned about not having a roll bar.

I am working on the low ET's with the dual SMC kit. I am tuning on it at this time. I will see what the best ET's I can run with the 009's and TE-44. Then I will install the T63e and the 55's. :D

May not be quite as interesting but I'm hoping for 600RWHP+ with pump gas and methanol injection on my Supra. Just getting a few ignition problems sorted out before I go to the dyno.

Why isn't that interesting, Derek? We all know where you got your turbo education! ;) Spread the word, brother!

Let us know what happens! I love those Supras... just can't afford one!

:D not sure it will happen but im going to attempt 10.99 on pump gas no alky..;)

working on traction between typing

it will be a lil while yet but i think it can happen by end of season when it starts getting cool out.

Didn't do THAT exhaust system yet, still want to.

I have done the following:

Cutlass frame connectors: no change

Combination:
Flex connection in place of cut-out pipe;
Borla Venturi's (3);
and Aerochamber mufflers....

Drone has changed a little. Peak sound is down about 3-4 db. On the highway I can hear the 2 mufflers drone at slightly different RPM.

It's a little more liveable, but not great (I'm picky). I still want to do teh dual-crossflow ("doublecross") and put the ultraflows back on..... Maybe next year.

Bob

Awesome

Kudos on the excellent run. I am shooting for the same E.T.'s on pump gas with a similar combo except for the converter and slicks. What converter did you use again and do you have a link to a retailer's site. I can't decide what converter to use or where to buy etc. etc. etc. Maybe some of the other guys here on this thread can help with some input. Thanks.

TurboBob,

The stealth exhaust note WITH mega-efficiency is a neat goal...keep us posted! I'm hoping to do something similar.

:)

WOW, I thought my 11.61 on alky and 92 pump was get'n it! Currently I use a TE44, MSD 50's, THDP, powerplate, and a hot wired Walbro to run ~119 MPH on 100% denatured and Amoco 92. I use a 23º chip and typically run 25 psi in 1st and 2nd, then it spikes to 28 psi in 3rd when the converter locks, then scales back down to 25 psi by the time I cross the finish line. I also have my chip yank out 3º of timing and add more fuel in 3rd only to offset this boost spike. It's been a long road hauled trying to get the 50's and alky to work correctly with my combo, but it seems I'm finally getting it there with the help of Eric Marshall making the changes in my chip. This guy running 10's with alky and pump is quite impressive to say the least!

I would like to throw in a note on Dennis's car since I know a little bit about it.
The cam is an off the shelf Comp 252H , so it has 206/206 duration. It has 1.55 T&D's on it but Gene was right the heads are out of the box.
The alcohol system is a home built unit that has grown over the years, and has been thru various rebuilds and reworks. It now has a staged 2 nozzle system, as far as I know.
He runs a Dynomax cross flow muffler in the stock location that made an unreal difference in the sound of the car, basically its dead quiet, wich is not that good of a thing, cause then you could here the valve train rattle :D.
It has a TCS converter wich is on the loose side, stock gears, a home built air cleaner system and thats about all I can think of.
Dale

PS, The car may have been in Canada when this happened so it would have been on Chevron 93/94 octane.