10.16 at 132.21

johnplogii

Senior citizen
Finally got a decent 60ft out of the car yesterday. Also happened to cut a good light:D

R/T .000
60' 1.450
330 4.162
1/8 6.465
MPH 106.59
1000 8.463
1/4 10.163
MPH 132.21

Still the same as before with the exception of a ported stock throttle body.

Girdled stock 109
.030 J & E's
Stock rods
Stock crank
Two billet mains
Ported stock heads with 1.77/1.50 valves
T & D roller rockers 1.65 ratio
208/224 ESP flat tappet cam
Home ported intake
62mm ported stock throttle body
ATR 3 bolt headers
TE67 P trim with .85 exh
Precision front mount
60lb mototron injectors
stock mass air flow
stock computer
2004r trans from Brian Hofer
commander chip

All monitored & tuned with an OTC2000 and a caspers knock alarm.

Flying!

Question for U , How long has the motor been together and running like that(how many seasons/ passes)? If it has been apart how did the crank and bearings look?

It was together for 5 years with probably 400 passes & 5000 miles. I tore it down last winter, honed it new rings, polished crank & new bearings. Two rods were showing some copper so it was due. Built the motor myself last winter & made 132 passes this year.

John that is awesome, great runs you had yesterday.

I really thought you were going to get it into the 9s, it was almost there!

Had a blast at the track with you and Jimmy.

Congrats on the new best! :biggrin:

BW

Thanks guys, Phil it was great to meet you also. I just need to get this thing to 60 foot real hard & maybe remove a little weight. My goal with this car is 9's if I really want to but to run 10.0's all day. I don't want to put in more cage & the other safety equipment that goes along with 9's. Phil, I am trying to find someone to set up the chassis as we discussed in noble. That 1.45 60ft was an 11psi launch. If I launch harder it spins. By the end of the day I was down to 1.52.

John

i have also found sometimes all you need is a fresh set of slicks.. how old are yours??

I forgot are you running MT or Hoosiers?? and what compound

M/T 28 x 10.5 x 15 -the good run was #5 pass on the slicks. They were brand new for noble. 15 x 8 rim & I believe M5 compound. We were talking yesterday about skinnies possibly helping. My front tires are 245/50/16 and the wheel/tire weighs 45lbs per side.

Looks great!

Attachments

• IMG_1977p (Small).jpg
    IMG_1977p (Small).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,084
can you adjust it to -2 ??

what shocks?? ive been using the cheap ones from AutoZone...

might be time to get the car on the scales.. might have a weak coil spring or something.. I know there has to be a dirt burner up there with some scales you can use..

also what converter are you running??

can you adjust it to -2 ??

what shocks?? ive been using the cheap ones from AutoZone...

might be time to get the car on the scales.. might have a weak coil spring or something.. I know there has to be a dirt burner up there with some scales you can use..

also what converter are you running??

I can try -2 yes.

Lakewood 50/50 drag shocks rear
Comp eng 3-ways up front set on 90/10

I think my rear end is bent still and crooked. When I put in axles & spool the left one wouldn't even go in until we heated & straightened the tube. It was off 1/4 to 1/2 in. I put a short 2 x 4 on the rim vertically and a level on that and both wheels lean in almost 1/4" at the top.

Real art carr N/L "n" stall

Thanks

John

I cant believe how simple the combo is! Now I have some idea on my new 109 build. I have GN1's and a 70 GTQ, and a roller cam. Awesome run!

Jason

Just throwing this out there as an idea.....

Some time when I know I'm going to Glenwood and you'll be there for sure, I should bring up my Mark Hueffman big mouth cold air kit and ls1 maf/translator/3.5" maf pipe setup to see if it makes any difference. If it is going to gain anything on anyone's vehicle it would be on a low 10 car running the stock maf. I bought it only because it was shiny and I wanted the more reliable MAF so I won't be disappointed if it doesn't gain anything. Would only take about 10 minutes.....

You probably remember me. I talked to you one night up at glenwood. My buddy says your back wheels/tires almost bottom out when you launch, but I couldn't check it out because it was your last run (on a different night when I think you made the finals, maybe the night with the rocket cars and such). What do you run for air pressure in the rear?

Bob Koch