1/4 mile performance shop..

BLKCreeper

First they were over in Atco, NJ.. then they moved to a getty station in blackwood, NJ.. Now there is a sign about new management taking over.. Anyone know where this shop is taking off to now???:confused:

I'd stay away... FAR away from them. Aside from a close friend of mine getting royally screwed by the owner, I've heard many shady stories of their dealings.

Be warned!

1/4 Mile Performance...

At first, I think they were in Lindenwold, N.J. and they moved to a bigger shop in Atco, N.J. I used to do business there a long time ago, but after being screwed , I never went back. That's too bad because, the owner Jim d'Alessandro was a good guy (Don't get me wrong, I still think he is...) and indeed, did help me to get my car faster. But after a while, I felt like if he was no longer interested helping me because I stopped buying everything he wanted me to ( although he never said so), and from that point, everything began going sour... He was having me buying lots and lots of parts that always turned to do nothing to improve the performance of the car. I got tired of buying and paying with no results... I was told that several of his customers felt the same way too, and in the end, the business he build went down because of the bad reputation he was making for himself. I think it's a sad ending for a guy who was among the most respected Buick racers back then. Then, I decided to go back to my long friend Fred Vetter at Dynotech, which he ultimately sold to Eric Shertz.
Nowadays, I'm very, happy and satisfied with Eric and his team's work, and highly recommend them to anyone wanting honest, good work on their turbo Buick!. :)

Claude :)

I have heard from a couple sources that Jim has or is currently doing time. I will not go into details, but have heard some crap.

Jim d'Alessandro

I agree with John Wilde...I have heard some crap too, but I have some respect for Jim d'Alessandro, and that's why I won't go into details either. He surely doesn't need to have his reputation tarnished more than necessary...I just hope that he succeeds in getting his life clean and back to normal, and that someday he'll get back to Buick racing, because he was very good at it ...Anyone can sometimes take a wrong turn and do mistakes in their lives, and I think that's what happened to Jim :( On a more positive note, as long as he learns a lesson from this ordeal, then, he won't have gone through all of this for nothing...:)

Claude.

Thanks for the input fellas.. THe reason why i was asking is because i was going to get my engine rebuilt by him.. I am in the south jersey camden county area so i was trying to find some place close.. Someone mentioned to me the name dan Smith out of Camden..I was trying to keep it local because the lifter starts knocking pretty bad and i am trying not to hurt my baby that much.. Any input or referrals would be appreciated

Have you checked out BUICKTURBOPROFORMANCE.COM they are about 10 miles from phil airport and they due great work at a good price call jim dunn at 610-721-4695.

I spent a fair amount of time at QMP in the early 90's. I always thought Jim was a good guy. Many times, he talked me out of parts I wanted to buy. Sorry to hear things aren't going well for him....hope he digs his way out.

If anyone cares to share some details, please email me direct.

Mike [:)

mike.kazigian@att.net