.001X undersized main bearing

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
Does anybody know where to find a set of .001" undersized main bearings? My bearing clearance is too tight and I could use an extra .001" clearance on my #3 main.

I found .001" undersized on fullthrottle's website, but does that mean .001" less clearance or .001" more clearance? I need more clearance! And I prefer KING bearings.....

Undersized means that the bearing is .001 smaller in diameter so it would be tighter on the crank.

Undersized means that the bearing is .001 smaller in diameter so it would be tighter on the crank.

depends on who ya talk to.. could also mean that the bearing itself is undersized.... allowing more clearance. Either way the X notation typically denotes a bearing which has more clearance. These types of bearings are available for chevy, but I don't know if they are available for Buicks.

Found what I'm looking for in the TA catalog. Just not KING bearings but oh well..

Try Advance Auto Parts.
I got undersize rod bearings from them. They were Sealed Power brand.
I never got undersize mains but Advance Auto can probably get the undersize mains if it shows up in their parts list.