Which size for battery?

msgn2

effenwheelguy
Going to purchased battery today.... Is the group size "78" .... and any recommendation on an oversized appilcation??

I can't step up to an Optima or anything right now...

Thanks

depends on what you have under the hood. The stock size is a 75 series, you may be able to run a 78 just have to see how much room on the tray there is.

Thanks...
The car does have a little bit of a sound system, but mostly stock when it comes to the electronics...
I will see if that 78 will fit...

Thanks again

I have an infinity amp, 2 10" perfect subs, and quite a few of gadget electronics hooked up and the 75 was fine. Check and see also the price difference. If a big one from the retailer you go through go with the 75 it will be fine, if not then step up to the 78. The biggest part of the 75-78 is the cold cranking amps, where almost all of us dont drive it in the winter or cold.

Going to purchased battery today.... Is the group size "78" .... and any recommendation on an oversized appilcation??

Thanks
You want an Interstate MT-75. Fits perfect more than enough CCA!!!!

Thanks

if you practice "safe battery use" there is no reason to install a larger battery no matter how many electrical accesories you have in the car------safe battery use implies not running electrical accesories (especially the stereo) when the engine is off------the real purpose of a battery is primarily to start the car-----the alternator is designed to be the source of electrical power when the engine is running-------a bigger battery actually places a bigger load on the alternator--------your car will operate better (and so will the stereo) with a smaller battery if you keep this in mind-------- larger batteries are not of any use unless you leave things turned on without the engine running------and if you do that often you can expect your alternator to have a shortened life..........RC

Thanks for the input guys.... the 75 worked out perfect and believe it or not , I actually found my battery hold down bracket!!!!

Thanks again.... and happy motoring!! lol