Ground wire locations on engine?

Scooter3800

rippin sh!t up!
Ok, I just got done installing the engine that I rebuilt a couple of months prior - but it seems I can't remember where some of the ground wires go.

I know there was a ground wire bolted to the back of the passenger head, but which one(s) go there, or do some of them use the transmission to engine bolt?

Any clue on where they go before I guess and it becomes a PITA to move them later?

Thanks,

IMG_0875a.jpg

They all go to the back of the head, but do your self a big favor, and go buy Caspers ground stretching kit. Cheap, and well worth the money verse chasing ghost problems in the future. At least one of those ground wires looks tired!!!!!!

Thanks, now how about the braided one on the other side of the engine (rear drivers head area)

Who's is Casper? Does he have a web site? I see people takling about him alot on here.

Make sure you have every single ground on that car hooked up. If not you will be troubleshooting problems till your grandkids are in school..:eek: Ask me how I know.:redface:

The grounds are VERY integral in the electronic processing of the ECM in these cars.

Print this out

Engine Grounds
There are four ring type terminals at the elbow of the main wiring harness, two of which attach to the rear of the pass side cylinder head and two that attach to one of the bellhousing bolts.

Ring terminal with 2black/white 16 ga wires (short length)- A/C head pressure switch (gray), MAF, EGR (EVRV) Fuel pump relay, Coolent fan delay relay, ECM large connector C&D ground---NOTE: all spices are within 4 inches of ring terminal.

Ring terminal with 2 black/white 16 ga wires (long)- ECM large connect aux ground, ESC module ground---NOTE: all spices are within 12 inches from the large ground grommet going into pass side firewall below heater box.

Ring terminal with single black 12 ga (short)- A/C high pressure limit switch ( round sealed connector at compressor) --- NOTE: the splice connecting these wires is located about 18 inches from coolant fan connector.

Ring terminal with one black/white wire and one tan 16 ga (long length) ECM small connector- A&B ground. ECM large connector C&D- O2 sensor reference ground and there are NO splices on these connections; All are direct.