V6 Power

oneg360

Super "Mario" Monjet
MAN...(BlueZone)When I left your house I ran rt Into A Zo6 Black On Black Clean @ the light on Florence we took off from the light nose to nose and stayed that way until he hit 4 around Denker and both of us was doing more than a 100 my car broke lose in 2nd and my trans is on its last leg so Im Very happy with my cars performance. New trans this week 3200 stall N/u I can't wait....Thanks Papa Lou

MAN...(BlueZone)When I left your house I ran rt Into A Zo6 Black On Black Clean @ the light on Florence we took off from the light nose to nose and stayed that way until he hit 4 around Denker and both of us was doing more than a 100 my car broke lose in 2nd and my trans is on its last leg so Im Very happy with my cars performance. New trans this week 3200 stall N/u I can't wait....Thanks Papa Lou

Way to go Mario, Once the trans is installed you will be pleasantly surprised. Just don't go astray from this point on & your patience will be rewarded.

Thanks...Im going to stay in Lou I don't want you to come down on me..LMAO
I'm going to save up a few more bucks for the Special treatment we spoke about last. ill bring the car by once trans is in for the Swaybar, Coils and Swap out those Fans.

You're gonna love the way it runs with that new trans and especially the converter.
That converter will put you right where you need to be for the 6265 turbo...and that Z06 is gonna be sucking your alky fumes.;)

Stick to the Papa Lou plan....you'll be very happy.

Car is @ the shop can't wait till friday......Lou says I Ain't seen nothing yet the new trans he say's is going to wake my car up.

..... ill bring the car by once trans is in for the Swaybar, Coils and Swap out those Fans.

Mario,

Did you have trouble with the GN1 Performance dual fans? I noticed in a previous post that you were going with that setup and I should have said something.

A couple of months ago I cranked my boost up to try to get into the 10s and my water temp was hitting 210* at the end of the run. I purchased a GN1 Performance radiator and dual fan setup and was shocked to discover that I was now at 215* at the end of a run. Even running both fans in the pits between runs would take nearly an hour to cool back down to 160*. After talking to a couple of knowledgible people I was told that the GN1 Performance dual fan setup actually flows less air than the stock fan hot wired up to high speed. I then purchased a dual fan setup from Summit by Derale (part #16927) with dual 13" fans that flow 2000 cfm each. For $30 more there is absolutely no comparison in quality between the Chinese fans from GN1 and the Bosch fans from Derale. Last Saturday was my first time out with the new fans and in 92* heat at Firebird Raceway the temp never went above 173* at the end of a run. By the time I got back to my pit the temp was below 160* and the fans had turned off! I easily could have hot lapped if I were at a Test-N-Tune event. The down side to this setup is that it IS NOT a bolt in kit and took me the better part of a weekend to get it to fit. The shroud is so big that I had to trim both my lower core support and the top radiator hold down cover that bolts to the top of the core support to get it to fit. I run a Precision FMIC and it also interfered with the IC plumbing, so I had to trim about 1/2" off the shroud to move the fans closer to the radiator to gain the necessary clearance. I know a lot of people like to run the SPAL fans, but the Derale fans are cheaper and move more air. I'm sure Lou will get you setup with what you need.

RJ

I had a few Problems with the GN1 fans, I hear Archie has some new fans with better performance I'm waiting for my car to get done @ the transmission shop then ill go see about the fans. I'm thinking if the new fans don't help the ill go ahead and pick up some Spal. I have the Gn1 Aluminum Radiator and the fans same day and car isn't running any cooler so i'm feeling a little frustrated.

New Z06 2010 the guy said he had 1,500 miles on it he said it only comes out on the weekend. It was wicked fast.

new z06 2010 the guy said he had 1,500 miles on it he said it only comes out on the weekend. It was wicked fast.

to bad you didn't come around when lou had his z06. We put a cam in that thing and he did some other upgrades and it kicked some ass on the streets first gear was preety much useless.

to bad you didn't come around when lou had his z06. We put a cam in that thing and he did some other upgrades and it kicked some ass on the streets first gear was preety much useless.

...and it still was slower in the 1/4 than my Czarnota built GN....:biggrin:
pfffffft....

I don't know chicken no comment maybe it needed a better driver. NO BUT IT WAS FAST I THINK IT COULD OF BEEN A CLOSE CALL.

Stop Picking on me !

...and it still was slower in the 1/4 than my Czarnota built GN....:biggrin:
pfffffft....
Chicken I know I won't win any argument here. I will be the first to admit that my Z06 wasn't a drag car but you are forgetting that it ran 7.30 @99.00 in the 1/8 & 125.56 in the 1/4 something you haven't equaled if it weren't for my clutch problem & the fact I didn't want to ride home in the back of a flat bed I think the outcome would of been different. But alas I had rocks in my head for letting you & that instigating spoolfool suck me in to that.

Chicken I know I won't win any argument here. I will be the first to admit that my Z06 wasn't a drag car but you are forgetting that it ran 7.30 @99.00 in the 1/8 & 125.56 in the 1/4 something you haven't equaled if it weren't for my clutch problem & the fact I didn't want to ride home in the back of a flat bed I think the outcome would of been different. But alas I had rocks in my head for letting you & that instigating spoolfool suck me in to that.

Aaaah you know I'm just rinbbing you, Lou.
A 11 second Z06 will mph a 11 second GN every time.
...but mph does not always = win

At the end of the day at Fontana...based on our best ETs on THE DAY THAT WILL LIVE IN INFAMY.... Vicious Rooster vs. the Sheep Herder 1...
My back-to-back 11.6's on my first day to the 1/4 mile beat your seasoned veteran 11.7:biggrin:

I did that at 22lbs of boost and through the mufflers so there was more in that lil TA61.
Also...due to an electrical glitch (slightly loose + battery cable caused my power to cut out when I turned the ign on and dumped the tune) the timing and fuel adjustments Spoolfool made in the chip had dumped on those 11.6's so I was running on the base TT settings which mad me a little fat.
I wish we could have gotten lined up with a clean race...would have been fun.:D
I think I would have done ya proud...:D

Next time I get to the track with some slicks on, my new 6265DBB turbo and my new transmission and converter....I still may not be able to touch your best mph....but I'm confident I'll be able to go into the 11.20's... or better...depending on driver skills at launch.

Chickenalapelone:
I'm thinking that you might have bought your last free "Turbolou sponsored Hi-Perf part" from uncle Lou.
What do you think?

Nah....I'm still Papa Lou's ray of sunshine.

He's a little miffed at me right now cuz I've been so unsociable and have not visited his shop for a long time...but this motor he built won't break no matter how hard I try.....is that my fault?

:D