Ron's Custom Auto

Nemesis

Anyone have any experiece with these guys? I understand it is under new management. Still doing a lot of GNs though.

Rons custom..

In my opion theyre no good sloppy work poor craftsmanship. my original owner of my 86 took the car there... i had it for two years in nov and driven it for a gd 8 months... Dynotech is local and just as good

This is probably against my better judgement to post on this but... I have used them many many times until recently (I started doing everything myself). However I have no complaints but that is when Pual, Ron's son was there and pretty much running the show. He has since left and I have not returned. If you do a search on the "other" board you will have many complaints. I do know someone personally that has had their engine rebuilt and installed by them and he has had nothing but problems. Dynotech is a good shop, mostly known for their trannies which I am currently running and have not one complaint. Stage 1 is another shop that has been around for a while. I have not dealth with them personally but have heard a lot of good things. I would call up the shops and get a feel for them. if you feel like they care about your business and dont just write you off then visit the shop and check it out first hand.

JoeNational said:
This is probably against my better judgement to post on this but... I have used them many many times until recently (I started doing everything myself). However I have no complaints but that is when Pual, Ron's son was there and pretty much running the show. He has since left and I have not returned. If you do a search on the "other" board you will have many complaints. I do know someone personally that has had their engine rebuilt and installed by them and he has had nothing but problems. Dynotech is a good shop, mostly known for their trannies which I am currently running and have not one complaint. Stage 1 is another shop that has been around for a while. I have not dealth with them personally but have heard a lot of good things. I would call up the shops and get a feel for them. if you feel like they care about your business and dont just write you off then visit the shop and check it out first hand.

>>> Joe,

What's your home mailing address to save us some time??

49-blues said:
What do you need done?

New turbo, ported heads, front mount, converter, fans, and most important tuning it. I still haven't decided which control system to use (MaxEffort 8 or 16, Translator 2 or pro, Turbotweak, with a mass air or without), I have all the other parts thou.

I am the guy Joe National mentioned about having nothing but troubles from them. My motor troubles are actually from Jack merkel who built the motor when he was still in the same shop, but as for Rons work, i had no complaints about them until the last time my car was there to rebuild my bottom end and Paul and his crew remove/re-install my motor. I had asked Paul to solve a problem with my custom valve cover hitting the a/c box shield. He wound up removing it alltogether, no biggie. He shows me the heat barrier tape he stuck on the ac box to replace the metal shield. ok. A few months later i go to get my heater core replaced, so as the tech has the old one out i go and look inside the a/c box out of curiosity and much to my amazement, i see the heat barrier tape sticking through a big hole in the box, no doubt caused by some big prybar used to take the metal shield off. NOT COOL. have never been back since.

Dang, i have'nt posted here in a LONG time!

JOE N,you going to Orchard Beach this Sunday? Also just found that i have a couple of wiped out cam lobes and worn lifters.

AHHH, that will cause you some issues big time. I dont think I will be going because of the weather, dosent look to be that good of a weekend. I wanted to hit that whiskey cafe show I was telling you about as well but there are a few weekends left of it I think.

Alrighty, well i guess it'll be a game time decision weather i go or not. i just got back from E-town not to long ago, scored stuff for both GTO and GN. Later kid.