ck performance 9/11 converter?

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
I am thinking about getting rid of my PI lockup and going with a CK performance 9/11 converter. Question is , will it hold up to 133-136 mph in a #3700 car?

Should. Assuming the one Chris sells is from TCS.

However be warned.....TCS won't give you a free restall like every other converter company in the whole wide world does.

I ordered one through my bud Len in Vegas. I ordered a 3800 stall. It came in at 3000. I shipped it back directly to TCS within 3 months and assumed it was free. The prix charged me $150. I spoke to Rusty himself and he said they'll stand behind mfg errors but won't give free restalls. I said if ordering a 3800 and it turns out to be a 3000 ain't a mfg error I don't know what is. He wouldn't refund my money though so remember that.

Anyway, after the restall it came in right on 3800 and last Sat I ran a best of 132.xx mph. (Same engine with different converter has run 134.xx).

I want to know your rpm drop on the shifts @25 psi. If you shift from 1-2 at 6 k whats it drop and and also 2-3 , right now mine is 6100 and no rpm drop in the shifts at that boost level

there is no reason why it wouldnt hold up,and dont worry we offer a free restall program.it is still the same 9/11 convertor everyone else is peddling,however feel free to purchase wherever you feel more comfortable.within a month,go willing ,we will have a distributor in canada handling our products including convertors and shift kitt, transmissions.working out the details with the other involved party.located in ottawa .will serve toronto and montreal.ill keep you posted ,we are very busy and will try to slow it down to avoid glitches in product quality and service.thanks.

Originally posted by norbs
I want to know your rpm drop on the shifts @25 psi. If you shift from 1-2 at 6 k whats it drop and and also 2-3 , right now mine is 6100 and no rpm drop in the shifts at that boost level

Running 26 psi....1st to 2nd....6250 down to 5800. 2nd to 3rd...6200 down to 5800. Locked up at 6050 in 3rd...down to 5400. Straight out of the log. And no, I don't like that drop at 3rd gear lockup. I'll lock it up later next time for the higher horsepower.

Overall the converter is a little loose but I can live with it since the tighter it is you can get better numbers but can't spool.

And for some reason the tranny (it's not the converter) won't lock up in 2nd manually. (Even on the street.) I suspect something to do with the way the tranny was originally built.

I had a converter that wouldn't drop rpm between shifts....lol. It sucked.

Chris.....if you can get with a company that will give a free stall change I'll get 'em from you from now on. I won't deal with the prix at TCS any longer.

Anyway to get the mph at those shifts? This way we can see how good or bad the slippage is? at lock up in 3rd i go from 6100 to 4700 at 85 mph 28" tall tire

in order to spol as stated there has to be some slipage haowever what you are experiencing norbs is typical of a very inneficient convertor.not good for e.ts or mph .

This is why i am thinking about the ck perf. 9/11 converter as my next converter. MY local tranny guy fixed the tranny said the drum was warped band was not a wide band and the direct clutches burned. So now i don't really want to put my PI converter back in. How do test the effiiencies of your converters again? LIke you said if its too tight it can spool and if its too loose it will slip on the top, where do you draw the line?

ok
gtq71 .68 a/r 4 bolt
224 hydroller cam
231 ci
3.73 gear
pk tq about 4500 pk hp about 5700
28" tire
3700 lbs car and driver

Originally posted by norbs
This is why i am thinking about the ck perf. 9/11 converter as my next converter. MY local tranny guy fixed the tranny said the drum was warped band was not a wide band and the direct clutches burned. So now i don't really want to put my PI converter back in. How do test the effiiencies of your converters again? LIke you said if its too tight it can spool and if its too loose it will slip on the top, where do you draw the line?

FAST doesn't record mph. What I used to do when I had a non lock was see what the rpm was at the finish line and what it should be without any slippage....i.e. lockup style.

http://www.oscaracing.com/perfactors/perfactors_INDEX.HTML

You draw the line at slippage by using the lockup. Mind you non lu converters will tighten up with rpm but you still get huge loses.

High rpm means higher horse power so you have to balance the higher rpm (and slippage) against solid lockup and lower horse power.

As I said I'm reasonably happy with this 9/11 (despite it's 41 lb weight.)

Sure can. I'll wander out to the shop for a copy in a little while. Just got home from taking the grandies over to a local little fair so I'm tired...lol.

I'm not sure what it means but here are my #s:

1-2: 5500 to 5250
2-3: 5275 to 5150
TCC lock @ 92 MPH: 5150 to 5125

MPH through the traps was 110 @ 5425 RPM (112 MPH on the timeslip). 3600 stall 9/11 from Chris with a PT-61 cranked up to 22-23 PSI.

I'm thinking a low drop on the lock is a good thing?

Jim

Those numbers look pretty good, be interesting if you crank the boost to 26 psi and see the any changes in the drops in th gears

Thanks on the data log, but it looks to me like your converter is slipping too much and hurting you. The shift lines are pretty well flat. I would turn down the o2 correction a bit, its pretty jumpy whats it at? what size injector? Take the converter to Chris maybe he could teak it a few hundred rpm tighter. Tell Chris to do his homework on a fix:)

jimmy,looks like the convertor is super efficient even when unlocked.very interesting information.anyone have this in a graph form?i have a good use for it .if you do jimmy id appreciate it as well as others.

Sorry to change the subject a bit here, what OD planet ratio could you make for the 2004r again?