Revolution X 9.5 NLU Converter

^^^Just to be clear I'm not interested in what converter can or cannot be locked for racing. I understand there are many who do race and may want to lock at WOT (more power to you) but I'm not one of them. Heck I don't even have a track where I live! This tread is simply about getting feedback on a certain converter from those who has had direct experience with them.
I understand, the majority of these converter threads always fly off topic and end up lu or nlu. "For the newer guys"- Basically the same converter is going to react very different from car to car it has to be spec'd to your combo by someone who "knows turbo Buicks" (Husek, Dusty, Bison) many other big companies aren't gonna get it right. at least not the first time, which im sure you already know .

You said in your first post the car was gonna be mainly street driven until the new 1/8th mile is built.
Problem is they have been talking about building a track for the last 14 years and still no track. That's why I said "mainly street driven". Never did I or anyone else (I think) ask which converter can be locked. I'm not trying to argue with you SCOOB. I appreciate your input just trying to stay on topic here.

I understand, the majority of these converter threads always fly off topic and end up lu or nlu.
Yup knew it would happen and it didn't take long. Lol. But it's all good. Just trying to trim the fat for the next person who does a search on this converter, although, it seems hardly anyone does that anymore :). Must have gone out of style :)
"For the newer guys"- Basically the same converter is going to react very different from car to car it has to be spec'd to your combo by someone who "knows turbo Buicks" (Husek, Dusty, Bison) many other big companies aren't gonna get it right. at least not the first time, which im sure you already know .
Well said.

I was following just for some input on FT converter
They have been a good TB source
Got to be someone out there who has one in there car

I was following just for some input on FT converter
They have been a good TB source
Got to be someone out there who has one in there car
Was hoping to see more responses from those who has actual experience with one but 84 posts later and only 1 person said they have one and 1 said they had one but it broke. Interesting...

I have one, testing on it still. For my comparison the non lock RevX9.5 definitely couples better than my 10"ptc nonlock did, the RevX was tighter in lower rpm vs 10"ptc. The RevX did get me my personal best MPH over the PTC.

What was your personal best?
Mine worked good when new but only lasted a short time. Now running a PTC.
He didn’t say ,bet it was the sprag. They do break, I’ll stay with a spraged converter, and give up some reliability for the convenience of transmission heat driving on the street. It’s been proven it’s not a problem

What was your personal best?

I’ll stay with a spraged converter, and give up some reliability for the convenience of transmission heat driving on the street. It’s been proven it’s not a problem

Run an auxiliary cooler... Water usually in the radiator is less than 185-190 degrees so you are in essence cooling your trans fluid down to 190 then passing through your auxiliary cooler will drop it further.

If you think it’ll be an issue ya can always put a sensor in the pan to monitor the heat. No questions then...

Ptc 9.5” spools really really well down low and couples at the big end without over revving the motor.

jmo , PTC is Father of the converters ...the rest are the baby ones.

This is with your 84 Regal with the 800 cfm blow through carb ? Nice
Can you post the slip ? This will let use see how it worked from start to finish and a log if you have one. Probably no log because you have abandoned the ECU and using good old tuning skills.
Thank you

This is with your 84 Regal with the 800 cfm blow through carb ? Nice
Can you post the slip ? This will let use see how it worked from start to finish and a log if you have one. Probably no log because you have abandoned the ECU and using good old tuning skills.
Thank you
I have a time slip on this site someplace. The '84 Regal is still blowthrough but efi for 2019-2020. I do have logs from my last few runs down the track.

I found the post, it was from 2016.

Thanks I remember that post. Did you ever get a 60 foot in the 1.5 s or low 1.6 ?

I absolutely hate looking through Facebook (only done it a few other times) but for anyone interested I found some info on the Full Throttle Facebook page dated 8/18/16. RC's Garage did a before and after on his dyno. Replaced a 9/11 with a RevX and gained 40whp and 102tq supposedly with just a converter change. Important build details and converter specs were not provided so the results should not be taken at face value... Perhaps someone here owns that car or was present during this test and can fill in the gaps? Lol.

Last edited:
ok found the old threads.. 8/2007-10.24@131+ unlocked.... 9/2007 locked 10.15 @ 135.57 ... 10/2007- locked 9.94@ 138.14 damm that was a long time ago. 9/11 lu with a lot of runs and testing. worked great for us because it got a lot of street use. still have the converter. rebuilt once just for a piece of mind after all the beatings it took.
we still use 9/11s in local guys cars but things have changed since 2007. down in the 9s an faster we got a PTC.
They have a very good reputation.

I believe RC said it was not locked. I concur, would have liked see results with the 9/11 locked.
Than what's the point?no point 8n running non lock to non Lock.you lock a lock up converter on a dyno nor track and watch out

Than what's the point?
You'd have to ask RC. Steve V asked if the pull was made with the 9/11 locked and his response was both converters were unlocked. Beyond that I couldn't tell you why the comparison was done that way.