Your First car you bought out of High School

Bought my black GN in 1997 which i still have and it was with my own money just like the first one i had that was stolen which i bought in 1994. So i guess i cheated and bought my first GN while i was still in high school. Nothing but a bunch of turds that my classmates drove in the mid 90's. I promptly ran 12.40 with my first one after i graduated in 1995. Funny how none of them believed the car would ever run 12's back then. I told them it probably would run high 12's:rolleyes:.:rolleyes:

67 Skylark red with a white hardtop. Got it for $400.00 from a girlfriends friend, he thought the motor was blown, got gas, fuel filter, battery and octane boost. Bought an hour later I was burning rubber out of his driveway!!! :cool:

My HS graduating present was my #1 car:cool: 1987 Buick GN 42K miles on it, now only has 47!

tb3, I have always wanted one but the wife says, "NO". I have often thought about pro-street style with huge rollers in the back but I would probaly go more pro-touring with it just to keep it looking official. My tag would be "LastRide".

Bought my black GN in 1997 which i still have and it was with my own money just like the first one i had that was stolen which i bought in 1994. So i guess i cheated and bought my first GN while i was still in high school. Nothing but a bunch of turds that my classmates drove in the mid 90's. I promptly ran 12.40 with my first one after i graduated in 1995. Funny how none of them believed the car would ever run 12's back then. I told them it probably would run high 12's:rolleyes:.:rolleyes:

You probably ran high 12's with a gas powered bicycle!:biggrin::biggrin:

I bought a 1965 Corvair Corsa with a 1966 drive train, turbocharged 180 HP motor, 164 Cubic Inches. Ended up installing high compression 140 heads (mistake, but fun until I blew out valve seats with regularity, a 2.5 inch SU Side draft carb,home-brew water injection setup, and the first MSD ignition sent to Virginia. the turbo had an E flow impeller and a different turbine section. Had a blast in that car. Also had a complete Crown Manufacturing Corv-8 suspension on the car. Plans were to twin turbo the 327/365 vette motor I had using Accel manifolds and two stock Corvair turbos.Corvair turbos were for 164 cubic inches, two would be a perfect fit for a 327! A fun car and got into turbos at an early age.

My "Redneck" truck. It was a 1986 Chevy K10 shortbed with 4" of lift. It had a cammed 305, 4 speed, and 4:10s. It took forever but I blew the 305 and put a 350/300. Everyone used to ask if it was I was a cop in it because it had Trailblazer light bar on the roll bar. It had 6 lights forward, 3 backwards, and one on each side. Here is a link Trailblazer lightbar . Some of my friends were not the sharpest crayons in the box!!! :D I'd love to get another one.

tb3, I have always wanted one but the wife says, "NO". I have often thought about pro-street style with huge rollers in the back but I would probaly go more pro-touring with it just to keep it looking official. My tag would be "LastRide".

lol! i could write a book with all the stories i've got with that thing. i had a huge stash of the red "funeral" stickers. one time everybody put them on their car and followed me right up to the arena for a blues hockey game. i backed right up to one of the front entrances. almost got into some pretty big trouble for that, lol. it took me almost 30 min to talk my way out of it:rolleyes:

I bought a 1965 Corvair Corsa with a 1966 drive train, turbocharged 180 HP motor, 164 Cubic Inches. Ended up installing high compression 140 heads (mistake, but fun until I blew out valve seats with regularity, a 2.5 inch SU Side draft carb,home-brew water injection setup, and the first MSD ignition sent to Virginia. the turbo had an E flow impeller and a different turbine section. Had a blast in that car. Also had a complete Crown Manufacturing Corv-8 suspension on the car. Plans were to twin turbo the 327/365 vette motor I had using Accel manifolds and two stock Corvair turbos.Corvair turbos were for 164 cubic inches, two would be a perfect fit for a 327! A fun car and got into turbos at an early age.

Love this car! A buddy out of high school had a '65 Corsa convertible, blue, turbocharged 180hp engine. Jeeze, we drove everywhere in that thing throughout Virginia. We were from Hammond High School in Alexandria. That car would really scoot, but it was just a classic design. He was really proud of that thing. I haven't seen one in decades. Glad you had one. You really beefed it up right.

Bruce '87 Grand National

First car I bought out of high school was an 03'cobra with 790 miles on it (bought it in 06'). My dad gave me some money to put down on it and I had my own money that I saved up throughout high school. My dad was reluctant to sign the papers for me because he know I couldn't afford it. He was right, I sold it within 6 months of buying it. I did sell it for more than I bought it so it wasnt' too bad but I do miss the **** out of that car.

my first car was an 1980 olds 88. it was a lemon but i had FUN in it if you all get the drift!:biggrin::D:p

First car I bought out of high school was an 03'cobra with 790 miles on it (bought it in 06'). My dad gave me some money to put down on it and I had my own money that I saved up throughout high school. My dad was reluctant to sign the papers for me because he know I couldn't afford it. He was right, I sold it within 6 months of buying it. I did sell it for more than I bought it so it wasnt' too bad but I do miss the **** out of that car.

they are nice cars I bought a 04 cobra new out of Tennessee....actually the 03 and 04 cobras as you said in your post have held their value quite well the stock ones.

The real trick is find a stock original 90-93 notchback 5.0.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I sold the cobra to buy a G35 coupe

VERY Kool tb3! That a Superior? Little new for me, but great just the same. I had a bud back my grad summer witha blue 66 MM on Cragar's. Took me till 32yrs old to get one of my own. Bought a '62 Cad Eureka Landau 3way outa Minn. sight unseen. It hadn't been started in 8yrs, but fired right up n quit smokin about 30seconds later! LOVED that car. I've gotta lotta stories too! Those things breed em! I'll hafta find some pics. If you search "Marylin Monroe Death", you'll find one exactly like it though! Mine 'lives' in MO now. I ran a vanity tag "B BAK 4U":eek::cool:

VERY Kool tb3! That a Superior? Little new for me, but great just the same. I had a bud back my grad summer witha blue 66 MM on Cragar's. Took me till 32yrs old to get one of my own. Bought a '62 Cad Eureka Landau 3way outa Minn. sight unseen. It hadn't been started in 8yrs, but fired right up n quit smokin about 30seconds later! LOVED that car. I've gotta lotta stories too! Those things breed em! I'll hafta find some pics. If you search "Marylin Monroe Death", you'll find one exactly like it though! Mine 'lives' in MO now. I ran a vanity tag "B BAK 4U":eek::cool:

m&m was the coach builder. i've got some pretty wicked pics also but i'd have to scan them though. lotsa cool pictures of it and the exwife as we where both pretty "gothy" type. i wish it had the flip up seats and suicide doors like alot of them had. i'm also a big fan of "harold and maude". the 59 caddy from that movie i believe was sold to brandon lee before he died

Graduated High School in 2004

Bought my first post-school car in 2005. A 1995 Lexus SC300. I love this car. It's a 5-speed, with a 3.0L Inline 6. The sound of an I6 makes my pants fit funny, even though this one has no power. And I love me some classy coupes. ;)

10624_676537955558_20702565_40297523_7211195_n.jpg

n20702565_38279854_2843.jpg

n20702565_38279855_3085.jpg

Graduated High School in 2004

Bought my first post-school car in 2005. A 1995 Lexus SC300. I love this car. It's a 5-speed, with a 3.0L Inline 6. The sound of an I6 makes my pants fit funny, even though this one has no power. And I love me some classy coupes. ;)

10624_676537955558_20702565_40297523_7211195_n.jpg

n20702565_38279854_2843.jpg

n20702565_38279855_3085.jpg

they are nice cars...rare one is the manual shift ones....most I see around for sale all have well over 150,000 miles on them...years ago we had a is model.....I am sure you probably realize that Molly who did the Grand National project for Buick also collected a paycheck from Toyota in 1989 for the lexus logo.....always told Molly he would have made more money even if they paid him 10 cents a car....(he had no idea back then what it was going to be used for).....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

My first car was a 73 ford ltd with a 400 in it. The interior was like new, but the rear quarters were made of a gallon of bondo:tongue: I had to put a quart of oil in it every time I got gas, and that was quite often! The only good thing was gas prices were .95 a gallon back then:biggrin: