Your favorite car/Truck to drop in the WE2 drivetrain...

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
I know there is a Hybrid section but this is hypothetical. :D What is your favorite ride to drop in TR power?

Here is mine. Coupe or Convertible works for me. Love the styling of this car but not the drivetrain.

Jag.jpeg

Those cars are HEAVY !!! Cobra's are nice an light. 2500#s . Mazda is 3000#.
IMG_20160126_123741794.jpg

Those cars are HEAVY !!! Cobra's are nice an light. 2500#s . Mazda is 3000#.

There is one each of these local that are Buick power. Very cool. I agree they are both light weights and great for TR power. I just love the lines on the XK8. aka XK6 :D

Love these cars, but the stock 130hp 2.8 V6 is sad. They only weigh about 2800lbs though. This car was for sale a couple years ago. Kenny Duttweiler twin turbo stage 2. There are a couple out there now with LS1/LS4 swaps.

Stage2buickdelorean1.jpg
Stage2buickdelorean2.jpg

Last edited:
I'd only swap one in something that was easy to do the swap into. I think if I had to do a ton of fabrication, I would put in something modern line a LS. Here is my list though:

C4 Vette
El Camino with TR front clip of course
Monza / Skyhawk
Late 70's Skylark

I'd only swap one in something that was easy to do the swap into. I think if I had to do a ton of fabrication, I would put in something modern line a LS. Here is my list though:

C4 Vette
El Camino with TR front clip of course
Monza / Skyhawk
Late 70's Skylark

Those cars are HEAVY !!! Cobra's are nice an light. 2500#s . Mazda is 3000#.View attachment 316962

X2 on the Cobra replica.
In the early '90's there was one at the GS Nationals set up for Auto-X, owner said he moved the engine 6 times to get 25% weight on each corner with him in it.
At first I thought it was all wheel drive with track tires all around.
It ran low 11's, VERY COOL!!!

That's the whole point those heavy cars need more power. ;):p:D

The very early XJS models had Turbo 400 GM tranny's in them so perhaps that would make it a bit easier for a swap. :cool:

Of course 90% of them are probably tuna cans by now. :oops: