XM radio renewal question

I tell them and anybody that asks that there is some worth to not censoring music for some stations and no commercials for some. What I do not appreciate are the bloated salaries they pay to people like howard stern and marth stewart so get them on and pass the expense on to those that do not even turn on the station they are on.

I wish they had better plans, like cafeteria plans where I can choose and pay for the channels I actually listen to.

Liquid Metal (which is worse than XMLM but Jose wont admit it)
Octane (which is worse than Squizz but Jose wont admit it)
Hair Nation (which is a great classic station)
The Boneyard (which hasnt really changed with the merge)

Thats about it. Sell me those stations for $5.00 a month you got a customer for life. Until then, I will complain every time they try to charge me $180 a year for "service". No way will I voluntarily toss money at some morons that talk garbage all day.

It aint about being cheap, its about paying what you feel the service is worth. Not once have I tried to get it for free.

Its 30 bucks. stop being a cheap skate. Sirius is amazing! after listening to it for a week you will never go back to FM. Just get it and you will never be sorry you did.
Joshua
I'm not being a cheap skate...:rolleyes: I know that it's "only" $30. but cash doesn't grow in trees around here. I was just asking if this is a good deal or not. It's my first ever time renewing such a subscription, so I was asking for some advice.
I couldn't care less about that stupid Howard Stern or the Playboy chanel:rolleyes: and I'm even less interested in paying to listen to their garbage...I'm more interested by music oldies, motown, etc...:smile:

Thank you,

Claude. :smile:

Mr GSX PVK

I gonna take a good guess since you are my age channel 5 is popular in your Tahoe...

XM and Sirrus did merge since from a profitable stand point it made sense from what I understand. They need your subscription money so they can keep paying Howard Stern the Big Bucks every year.

One way to get a better price is have multi units. I have 4 currently. Just gotta member when you sell a vehicle to stop payment on the vehicle if it has a "fixed" unit in it. Most of mine are the removeable ones. It is confusing certain channels are for XM and Sirrus has similar ones but different numbers.

Your rite..once you get addicted to it with no commercials you can't beat it...here twice as many songs in 30 mins plus from the 50s many of which I never remembered.....(Pink and Black Days)

Now if only TV had no commercials 30 minute shows would run 30 minutes instead of what 18-20 mins tops...

Member they need to retain several million subscribers every year...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

PS Got one in my garage so my cats can listen to it 24 hours a day...

Hey Dennis... you are right, our favorites are 5, 6. When it snows and the weather is awful, we listen to 55, the Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville channel to warm us up. I am going to get multiple units for my wife's car, and I wonder if that portable, plug into the cigarette lighter, unit XM sells would work in my WE4.

Thanks, Paul

Hey Dennis... you are right, our favorites are 5, 6. When it snows and the weather is awful, we listen to 55, the Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville channel to warm us up. I am going to get multiple units for my wife's car, and I wonder if that portable, plug into the cigarette lighter, unit XM sells would work in my WE4.

Thanks, Paul

Long as your WE4 has fm and cigeratte lighter fuse is not blown it will function even functions placing antenna up on the dash inside the car (I do this with mine cars) Radio set at I think 88.3

I listen to sixties also....

Just now updating my 2001 Tahoe with a newer model...

see ya

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Sirius and XM are the same thing. Rates are the same, Sirius showcases several XM channels as well.

At this point you are paying for the service that best suits your liking. You have a choice....A or B.

Sat Radio cannot be beat for long road trips. I have it set up in my garage to when I'm wrenchin'. Such a better selection of good music.

Well, I called Sirius mentioning that I received their "postal" offer of 6 months for $30. and they made me another offer of $75. for a year...What do you guys think about that offer?...good or not?...

Claude. :confused: