XM radio renewal question

GSX-PKV

I got XM radio free for a year when we bought our 07 Tahoe. Since then I just let it automatically renew. I'm wondering if there are any better deals out there on XM if I let the subscription expire and then re-sign up later if i could get a better deal. Any experience with XM? Tips would be appreciated. Thanks, Paul

Just have to look around at thier website to see what offers they have out there, it changes regularly I think. I had signed up for a 5-yar sub that expires this December...I'll renew as I don't have time to download music etc from the various sites to put it on an ipod or something...plus then I never hear new music or know what's going on in the music world....If you like rock/metal, nothing better than the Eddie Trunk show on Monday evenings on XM53 to hear new stuff. Plus I can't listen to Jim Cramer on CNBC without it!

i don't know from first hand experience- i don't pay for the privilege of listening to the radio- from what i've read, you can usually just let it expire and you will still get it for years..

i don't know from first hand experience- i don't pay for the privilege of listening to the radio- from what i've read, you can usually just let it expire and you will still get it for years..

People said they would never pay to watch TV either. I'll pay $15 a month just to never hear 5 minutes of commercials after every two songs. If I don't pay they will shut off service pretty quick.

One thing you can try is call and cancel, or let it expire and wait until they call you. Several people I've heard about were able to renew for $20 for the next 6 months to continue. I don't know if they still do that but people have done it before. They try to retain subscribers.

I call them and refuse to renew because the stations are not worth the money they are asking. I hate howard stern and dont listen to any of the high dollar people they got on there. I mainly listen to channel 42.

After complaining enough they give me a discounted rate that sits about $6.00 a month. To me, thats worth it, regular radio is so full of commercials and censored music with such a lack of variety I am willing to pay to hear my metal in uncensored, commercial free goodness.

I am willing to pay to hear my metal in uncensored, commercial free goodness.
You mean to hear metal period that's not off a CD or ipod! I've heard so much metal in the last 4 years of listening to XM...I now love bands that I knew about back in the '80s but didn't listen to them much...like Savatage and Armored Saint and others that were never real "big" back then...I have a new appreciation for it...plus my wife likes listening to Outlaw Country and hearing Shooter Jennings DJ every Saturday playing his favorite music on Outlaw Country..and he plays alot of hard rock then too.
Yeah, who the hell wants to pay to listen to some moron talk??? :rolleyes: You can definitely get that on free radio.

Yeah, I got into it with Jose who basically runs Liquid Metal and Octane. After the back and forth I came to realize just how hard his job is trying to please everyone. I still think he should talk less when he is on the air but yeah, my receiver burned out and I had to listen to 93x which is the "rock" station of Minneapolis. That lasted about two hours before I spent another $175 to get a new receiver back in the car.

Have no idea what it even costs us in the Suburban and my Van. Its worth the break from regualr radio anytime!

Music, then ESPN, then NFL Network, Talk RAdio etc etc. All at the fingertips anytime anywhere.

I do it every time its due. If you "haggle" with them, you can get a deal. Usually get something I can live with. Last deal I got was $20 for 6 months, expires in august. Never paid more than $6.95 a mo. yet:biggrin:

Are "XM" radio and "Sirius" the same thing? :confused: I'm asking because my girlfriend has it free for six months (I think) in her 2010 car and this is new to us. I don't even know what to expect to pay whenever renewal time will come...:rolleyes: There seems to be 3 separate satellites you can log on to (SAT1, SAT2, SAT3), but I don't know which is best and I find this pretty confusing. I didn't find any kind of menu or listing of the stations available other that constantly having to shift to the next channel to see what's on it...:(

Thanks

Claude. :redface:

Are "XM" radio and "Sirius" the same thing? :confused: I'm asking because my girlfriend has it free for six months (I think) in her 2010 car and this is new to us. I don't even know what to expect to pay whenever renewal time will come...:rolleyes: There seems to be 3 separate satellites you can log on to (SAT1, SAT2, SAT3), but I don't know which is best and I find this pretty confusing. I didn't find any kind of menu or listing of the stations available other that constantly having to shift to the next channel to see what's on it...:(

Thanks

Claude. :redface:
They are different, but they also share some of the same channels...like Howard Stern channel is only on Serius..bt who want to listen to that...
Look on their websites for complete listings of current channels, they do change from time to time..... All I can say, if channel 53 is the Boneyard then you have XM..its on some other channel on Serius....Cost is usually $7 to $10 a month depending on the length of plan you sign up for and thats per receiver...have more receivers get a better deal per.

We bought a receiver for my step-daughter that was a special portable receiver than could handle either XM or Serius, and you could choose and sign up for any 20 stations out of both their listings for about $6 a month.

Look on their websites for complete listings of current channels, they do change from time to time..... All I can say, if channel 53 is the Boneyard then you have XM..its on some other channel on Serius...

Thanks "2QUIK6"...It's definitely Sirius we have 'cause this is what comes in Ford cars. So you're saying that I can go to their website for a listing of the channels? Maybe I could print it and leave it in the car's glove compartment for future reference...:wink:

Claude. :smile:

i have sirius basic one year plan with my KITT

now i have my raggae, 80's pop music, and heavy metal which dispeared off local boston stations many years ago

Thanks for the info... I would not be without XM. It's one of those things that spoil you.

Even though I like metal, I have to have a break sometimes with the Saturday Night Safety Dance on XM44 :) Techno from the '80s and '90s

Guys, I need some advice please...I received my first Sirius renewal today. We got the first 6 months free when we bought my girlfriend's new car last June, and now, I don't know if what they're offering me is good: they want $30 for 6 months. Is that a good price?...what should I do?..Is there a way to get better prices than that or should I jump on that offer?
It's my first time dealing with this, so I'm a little "lost"...:redface:...so any advice would greatly be welcomed!

thanks,

Claude. :confused:

radio

I bought a new chev, 2500 hd and the sirous radio was free for 90 days.
the truck is a 2011.
good luck oc,

Guys, I need some advice please...I received my first Sirius renewal today. We got the first 6 months free when we bought my girlfriend's new car last June, and now, I don't know if what they're offering me is good: they want $30 for 6 months. Is that a good price?...what should I do?..Is there a way to get better prices than that or should I jump on that offer?
It's my first time dealing with this, so I'm a little "lost"...:redface:...so any advice would greatly be welcomed!

thanks,

Claude. :confused:

Jump on the offer. $30 for six months comes out to $60 a year before fees and taxes. Thats better than I have seen online beyond buying a new car every year just to get the free year of service.

I had to renew last November and paid $77 for the year before fees and taxes.

Its 30 bucks. stop being a cheap skate. Sirius is amazing! after listening to it for a week you will never go back to FM. i listen to CNBC, Bloomberg, Howared Stern, Rock stations and a mix of others but they really have anything you could want from radio. I paid 300 for 3 years i think, and that was on the last day my free sub with my new car expired. Just get it and you will never be sorry you did. The people that complain about how radio should be free just dont have a desire for premium radio like Sirius XM offers. For me the subscription fee is worth not having to listen to the penis enlargment commercials they play on The Eagle and The Edge (Dallas/Fort Worth rock stations) every 2 minutes. all the other kick ass content they offer is just a bonus

Joshua