XFI: Oil pressure sensor throwing code...

karolko

I am helping out a friend and he has a aem digital oil pressure gauge that i wired into his XFI. Reads perfect when comparing it to the gauge itself.

No error codes pop up during normal operation. When i went to turn on the oil pressure cut off box in the global parameters the check engine light turned on. even after cycling the ignition the light remained on. Once i unchecked the box, light when off.

Threw code 32 in ERR Code2 box, which is oil pressure switch error.

Anyone else experience this and know how to fix it?

Adrian

you have to set the oil pressure settings and Im not talking about the aux input parameters

goto view>system config> sensor calibration> oil pressure sensor calibration

the settings should be at default of using a FASt ssi sensor with 1-5v output 5v =100 psi ,
the AEM is a 0-5v sensor as far as i know , you'll need to adjust settings accordingly

Last edited:
i did and when i l;ook at the dashboard the readings on the dashboard match the gauge. When i set the oil pressure cutoff to something high (to test the function), it works just fine, it's the error code that appears when i have the oil pressure cutoff box activated that's got me confused.

how is the xfi connected to the AEM ..is it through an ouput wire , if so its most likely due to the sensor not being online at the gauge quick enough and when you have ops cutoff activated xfi is ready at key on and it sees no signal so it will code , or the AEM is on a switched ign that cuts off during crank and looses the signal to the xfi and then codes

when i wired it, i used the supplied wire from the AEM (at the back of the gauge) to the xfi. Makes me wonder.

i know that the XFI oil prtessure cutoff does is inactive for the first 10 seconds during cranking and startup,

funny thing is that the check engine light never came on when i activate the OPS cutoff, it only came on and stayed on once i changed the parameter and tested the cutoff function.

Adrian

if your saying SES came on when it tripped??? thats what its supposed to do..
from manual ..diagnostics for ops code ..
Oil pressure engine cut enabled and raw oil pressure sensor measurement approaching or at range limit.

when running if it didnt stay lit you may not notice there was an issue ,
code clears with key off , or can be cleared with an edash without keying off

Don't forget that to utilize the oil pressure sensor cut-off settings that you need to calibrate it differently than a regular auxiliary sensor. Needs to be done through the system configuration menu tree. This can be confusing because you are still getting a sensor reading if calibrated through the auxiliary sensor menu but it won't interact with the oil pressure parameters unless calibrated from the system configuration menu.
AG.

Last edited:
Don't forget that to utilize the oil pressure sensor cut-off settings that you need to calibrate it differently than a regular auxiliary sensor. Needs to be done through the system configuration menu tree.
AG.
Same goes for the fuel pressure correction feature.

the code did not clear with key off, and cycling the key...that was the weird thing.

I did set the oil and fuel pressure calibration thru the new calibration screen in view>system config>sensor Calibration.

I wonder if we should leave the old Oil and fuel Aux sensor values as 0 or what? Or are they complete useless?

turn off the OPS in fault detection and then it cant set the code or turn on the ses

view> system config > fault detection .. uncheck OPS

That was goon to be my last resort-turning off the OPS fault detection. Of I do that will the oil pressure urban off agent setting still work?