XFI Issues

Amab145

Hey guys, recently purchased the XFI 2.0 package from Cal (who's excellent to deal with btw) and I haven't gotten much time to mess with the car in the weeks since install. Today I fired it up and ran it for a little bit and noticed a few issues I'm hoping someone can help me with.

First is when I bring the RPM up to a certain point and hold it there and let off the throttle quickly, the car stalls. I tried it at various RPM's and get the same result. If I rev it up quickly, it's fine. If I let off the throttle slowly, it's fine, only when I let off the throttle quickly letting it come back to idle it quits. I recorded a log when it happens and would love for someone to maybe take a look at it. Thinking it's something simple I'm missing??

Second is when i first crank it up when it's cold, it cranks for about 5-6 seconds before starting. I know during initial calibration, Cal had me adjust the throttle body to his recommended setting but not sure if this is fuel related or not?

Lastly, with the engine off key-on, when the car is above 160 degrees the electric fans run as they are supposed to. If i go to wide open throttle to where the TPS is over 90, the fans shut off??? As soon as I back off, they kick back on.

Again, newbie here open to advice and suggestions. Unfortunately I can't mess with it until this sunday again but thought I'd start looking for some answers. Appreciate it.

Hey guys, recently purchased the XFI 2.0 package from Cal (who's excellent to deal with btw) and I haven't gotten much time to mess with the car in the weeks since install. Today I fired it up and ran it for a little bit and noticed a few issues I'm hoping someone can help me with.

First is when I bring the RPM up to a certain point and hold it there and let off the throttle quickly, the car stalls. I tried it at various RPM's and get the same result. If I rev it up quickly, it's fine. If I let off the throttle slowly, it's fine, only when I let off the throttle quickly letting it come back to idle it quits. I recorded a log when it happens and would love for someone to maybe take a look at it. Thinking it's something simple I'm missing??

Second is when i first crank it up when it's cold, it cranks for about 5-6 seconds before starting. I know during initial calibration, Cal had me adjust the throttle body to his recommended setting but not sure if this is fuel related or not?

Lastly, with the engine off key-on, when the car is above 160 degrees the electric fans run as they are supposed to. If i go to wide open throttle to where the TPS is over 90, the fans shut off??? As soon as I back off, they kick back on.

Again, newbie here open to advice and suggestions. Unfortunately I can't mess with it until this sunday again but thought I'd start looking for some answers. Appreciate it.

Call Cal @HighPSI and ask him these questions. You paid for his support on the product when purchased and he really stands behind it and will help you out.

But heres a few tips.
Create a dashboard...file, drop down to create dashboard..... I use the logging dashboard and add Batt volt, KPA, RPM, PSI,Target AFR, Actual AFR, MPH, Esc for starters be sure to save after populating the new dashboard. Open your VE table (Fuel) and maximize, then left click in white area at bottom of window and choosedash... logging dashboard. Then when you rev watch you AFR and see if its lean, etc. Im betting throttle follower needs some work. The AE VS. TPS, AE vs. MAP and AE vs. TPS rate all play into this. Give Cal a call.

thanks for the response. I'm back in town now, so i plan on messing with it more tomorrow. I'll reach out to Cal on monday. AFR is going a little lean up to 1700rpm but not crazy. Target is 14.0 and actual is 14.7, but it's showing 0% o2 correction. Here is a screenshot of what everything looks like in the last frame before I take my foot off the throttle.

Everything seems kind of normal at face value but something isn't right somewhere. Anything particular I should be looking for in the AE vs. TPS or AE vs. MAP table?

1525570214089.png

Cal will be able to sort this out very easily. He’s truly the best in the business.