XFI Individual EGT Monitoring - Wiring Help Needed

The Granny

I'm trying to connect the harness from the black box to where it needs to go. I've got the red wire to IGN source, black to ground, but i'm unsure about the two CAN connections. From the instructions, one connection stay open while the other gets connected. However i don't have any plug on the back of my FAST harness, only open terminals where the CAN high and low signals are. Do i cut off the plug of one end of the CAN wiring harness to expose the yellow and green (high and low) wires, solder on a connector for the FAST harness, then plug it into those open terminals where CAN high and low are supposed to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No don't do that, it is very particular on how it needs to be wired for it to work properly. The Can harness is designed to be daisy-chained to other devices so you will need terminating resister plugs to go on the unused plugs. If you look in the wire and schematic files in the help file you will see some info on this. You are better off buying the Can harness P/N 301412.

Do not cheap out on this !!!

AG.

No don't do that, it is very particular on how it needs to be wired for it to work properly. The Can harness is designed to be daisy-chained to other devices so you will need terminating resister plugs to go on the unused plugs. If you look in the wire and schematic files in the help file you will see some info on this. You are better off buying the Can harness P/N 301412.

Do not cheap out on this !!!

AG.

Thanks turbobitt. I definitely don't want to go the cheap way out on this, or anything on my car, but i had a dyno session today with Bison and spent a couple days before and the morning of the dyno getting these headers in with the EGT bungs so i just wanted to get the readings to display to maximize the dyno time i had.

I got the kit from a guy, who said he got the kit from Cal. I called Cal to see if he could help me out with the wiring of it earlier this afternoon, and we determined i was missing a couple pieces for the wiring on the EGT box to the main ECU. I had a couple other issues with the car just before the dyno session today, and they were on my mind more than anything else. So all i was able to take away from my call to Cal was the fact i wouldn't be able to monitor the EGTs, and i'd need another harness. I believe it's the one on the bottom of your post, i'll have to check it when i get home.

Thanks again for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk