XFI Communications

TTipe

Snake Skinner
Having difficulty getting my laptop running windows 10 to communicate with my new XFI 2.05. I have followed the user manual protocol without success. The xfi controller & powertrain harness have power. The error received is "comm failure". Have attempted to establish communications with the ignition on (which I expected but not stated in the start up protoco) and with the ignition off. I have selected comm ports 1 thru 4 without success receiving the same " comm failure". I have checked all connections & physically moved the harness to multiple usb ports. Could there be an issue like the absence of the communications driver software? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

you need to check the device manager on your pc and then find the usb cable and see what com port it was assigned , then check the driver status , you may need to update the driver ..once you know the com that the cable is assigned you need to open the appriate WP c-com version for your box (cant open 2.00 with 2.05 version) then goto >communication and select the com channel that your pc assigned to the cable , then pressF2
note if your battery is too low you may not be able to connect
if you have a scanmaster G xfi you will need to turn it off

Having difficulty getting my laptop running windows 10 to communicate with my new XFI 2.05. I have followed the user manual protocol without success. The xfi controller & powertrain harness have power. The error received is "comm failure". Have attempted to establish communications with the ignition on (which I expected but not stated in the start up protoco) and with the ignition off. I have selected comm ports 1 thru 4 without success receiving the same " comm failure". I have checked all connections & physically moved the harness to multiple usb ports. Could there be an issue like the absence of the communications driver software? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
When I changed to a win 10 laptop I had to change to a different usb to ser adapter. I tried every possible thing and it wouldnt work. Bought this one at Best buy, the drivers auto downloaded via wifi once it was plugged in and selected port and worked great.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insign...l-adapter-cable-black/5883029.p?skuId=5883029

you need to check the device manager on your pc and then find the usb cable and see what com port it was assigned , then check the driver status , you may need to update the driver ..once you know the com that the cable is assigned you need to open the appriate WP c-com version for your box (cant open 2.00 with 2.05 version) then goto >communication and select the com channel that your pc assigned to the cable , then pressF2
note if your battery is too low you may not be able to connect
if you have a scanmaster G xfi you will need to turn it off
Got it running on Windows 7 laptop. Great oil pressure, quiet valve train. Thanks again for the help.