XFI Boost Solenoid Question?

Chrisk

TurboTransAm.com
Friends car will not make more then 13 psi of boost no matter what the DC% is at.

I opened the wastegate and put in a total of 21 psi worth of springs. Car now make 21 psi of boost. Again changing the DC% makes no change.

Is the solenoid bad? Should it click with the key on engine off?

Boost prams are set to open loop, over boost setting is at 300kPa

Running ver. 2.051 w/ latest firmware.

Thanks,
Chris

OE boost control solenoid? You can take it off and test with a 12V power source. Flow should be normally blocked and open when solenoid activated.

It's a FAST solenoid. I will test it with 12v.

By not having co2 will the xfi control boost well with having a light spring in the gate?

It always seems like I'm blowing the gate open. The rear of the intake was tapped for the line to the solenoid. 1/4" tubing is being used. With push lock fittings.

Thanks,
Chris

Did you ever get an answer to this? Planning on using the FAST solenoid to control boost as well with an internal gate.

No I didn't. I tested the solenoid with 12volts and it does function properly. But when making a test pass the boost is not at what is set in the XFI.

What does your boost table look like? It should be based on TPS%. Does the boost table match the results you are getting? I am curious as I may go this route or go boost leash or ams.