XFI, BB TR-6, etc.

NY Twin Turbo

All the good stuff.....Times 2.
Some of you may have been reading the other thread on my little ignition module failure.
No big deal. Life goes on.

So, I have done a search and couldn't find a recent definitive answer.

I haven't really decided on even wanting a COP set-up. But if I do, here's the question......

I currently use Cal's little black box to make my XFI's 2-step functions work on my factory ignition system.
If I use the BB TR-6 COP, can I leave everything as is and still be able to control everything from XFI?

And if I use XFI-XIM, do I need to remove Cal's little black box and return it to stock set-up before installing all the XIM hardware?

The little black box will work with the tr6. Just need to do the flash update to it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The little black box will work with the tr6. Just need to do the flash update to it.

Which flash update?

I have XFI 2.051.

Or do you mean some sort of a update for the TR-6?

Bob Bailey made a update because with the black box it would trip a error in the tr6. Let me see if I can find the email I have for the update

Bob Bailey made a update because with the black box it would trip a error in the tr6. Let me see if I can find the email I have for the update

I don't mean to trouble you. I'm not planning this stuff until maybe mid summer or so. Or maybe in the Fall. Just curious.
If I bought a new TR-6 from Bob, wouldn't it already be up to date?

Not sure you would have to ask Bob, I'm going to guess it will have the latest software and not need a flash but who knows.

I don't mean to trouble you. I'm not planning this stuff until maybe mid summer or so. Or maybe in the Fall. Just curious.
If I bought a new TR-6 from Bob, wouldn't it already be up to date?

yes, it would have that update.

yes, it would have that update.
My TR6 needs that update being 2yrs old.... How do i get this flash and install in my TR6 so i can use the little black box with my XFI TurboBob Thanks in advance.... Sorry for duplicates