XFI + Alkycontrol MAP (s)

Pronto

Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.
Question for the experienced users. When running both XFI and Alkycontrol should we run 2 MAPs, one dedicated for each? Thanks.

Question for the experienced users. When running both XFI and Alkycontrol should we run 2 MAPs, one dedicated for each? Thanks.
I have 2. But not sure its needed. I kind of don't like sharing the XFI's map signal with anything.

You should run one and it should be a quality one that is properly grounded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wouldn't

Why not let the xfi control the Alky injection?
I have my xfi turning on my second fuel pump.
There's more to alky injection than turning on a pump. The pump's speed/pressure output needs a starting point and then it needs to be ramped-up as boost increases. And then the rate at which that increase happens in relation to each additional psi of boost may/will be different for each individual engine performance combination. All of these features need to be user tunable.

I already have a Razor kit in place that has worked flawlessly for my general proposes up until this point. So I only briefly (maybe a half minute) gave this thought once. So I have never dug that far into the XFI software and the various ways to creatively wire-up and tune it to control these sort of parameters for alky injection. But I'm pretty sure if they exist, it may be difficult for most "do-it-your-selfers" or most likely impossible to do.

Maybe the boost control parameters, or trans brake control, or the PA parameters could be retrofitted for alky use? You still have to buy all the stuff to build an alky injection system. You may also need to purchase control devices and sensors and wire them back to the XFI. Either way. It still may go back to whether an average guy would wan't to "self educate" himself on this sort of thing. Unless, some of the the more pro-tuners who may have already figured it out share this info or build a kit, it may be cheaper and safer to just buy Julio's kit.

Last edited: