XFI 2.0 with eDash. Still need Scanmaster?

Squid4life

I have an XFI 2.0 and eDash, might be picking up a clean mostly stock 87 GN. It has the GNX cluster so has most gauges you'd normally put on the A pillar or console. I don't want to add a bunch of gauges and extra crap, want to keep it simple, but also monitor vitals. I have a fully built on center Stage II and TH400 that will find it's way in there soon, but looking to install the XFI on the stock engine just to get started with it, play with it a little, learn some more before the big engine is in. Looking over the eDash PIDs it can display, knock retard isn't one of them listed. Can I assume a Scanmaster is still needed?

edash can show esc retard on the master screen but its hard to see if youre in the throttle
the scanmaster G XFI can show esc and afr on main screen and can scroll through all other channels as well as any added sensors and like old scanmasters it can do recall after WOT and show the leanest afr and at what mph, the highest esc retard and at what mph as well as peak boost
but if using an edash with it it creates comm issues and the edash cant get connected unless you turn the scanmaster off and the scanmaster can also cause com issues when using a laptop and cause a disconnect
the scanmaster G XFI is nice in that it can also log every WOT and stores up to around 80 logs

A few things Pacecar listed about the eDash is old news (no offense). The Buick update does not have communication errors. Additionally, Dash #2 displays ESC as a large gauge. It also has several other Buick specific parameters.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Is this to say that any xfi 2.0 can be updated to this configuration?

If you're asking if the eDash can be updated for use on a 2.0 XFI, then YES

I was wondering if the xfi 2.0 that apparently early in its production with connectivity could be updated with the Buick update or was this something only later versions could do? And I'm guessing that the edash would get these Buick updates once the update was installed.

The update in talking about is for an eDash. It corrects connectivity issues with the XFI and updates the screens in the eDash.

A few things Pacecar listed about the eDash is old news (no offense). The Buick update does not have communication errors. Additionally, Dash #2 displays ESC as a large gauge. It also has several other Buick specific parameters.

So you can have a large KR/ "ESC" (?) reading displayed on edash with XFI Sportsman too? Does the sportsman/edash have an audible KR alarm?

There isn't a speaker or any outputs on the eDash