X-Gray

Eddie Strength

Reaction score
Hey all. Been awhile but after selling my 87 GN with 80,000 miles I bought my buddies 87 Built GN (GNX clone too). About 1500 miles on build. I have been tinkering with little things and just enjoying it. Now is the time to make it me, mine. I could not do that with the old one because I just made it to original.

So there is X-Ray and a million other ones of GNX’s and GN’s, I decided to go with Gunmetal Gray GNX clone, hinge X-Gray!

I do know and expect some words and crap but I am ok with this but at the end it is mine and it will be me!

Reactions: RUQWKNF

X Ray

The GNX changed my life!
Reaction score
Both are nice cars....looking forward to see the finished product..enjoy. And I have the same drip pan....LOL

Eddie Strength

Reaction score
My old GN has been gone going on 3 months and have new one for the same time. So I have had time to play and think, it is time fo deconstruction. Started 3 days ago just a little bit after work each day.

Attachments

Reactions: NY Twin Turbo

Eddie Strength

Reaction score
Just did this yesterday. I will try to post as I go from time to time.

Attachments

Reactions: NY Twin Turbo

Eddie Strength

Reaction score
Both are nice cars....looking forward to see the finished product..enjoy. And I have the same drip pan....LOL
Have always loved X-Ray! Know that in no way that this is a copy of yours. I just thought it would be different to do a gray one with the black accents! All me!

1986 Buick GX1

GX1 #001 [The One and Only]
Reaction score
I decided to go with Gunmetal Gray GNX clone, hinge X-Gray!

I do know and expect some words and crap but I am ok with this but at the end it is mine and it will be me!
I like the way you think.
I wanted to do a GNX clone to mine back in '88. I decided i didn't want to belittle those who paid top dollar for a real one so I opted for a combination of the two hottest cars of the times, the GNX and the ZR1, so the GX1 was born.

I can't wait to see the progress.

Reactions: Eddie Strength

Eddie Strength

Reaction score
I like the way you think.
I wanted to do a GNX clone to mine back in '88. I decided i didn't want to belittle those who paid top dollar for a real one so I opted for a combination of the two hottest cars of the times, the GNX and the ZR1, so the GX1 was born.

I can't wait to see the progress.
Cool deal. I have seen pics of yours and must say, great job. Thank you!

Reapersgbodys

Reaction score
I personally bought my T, because I didn't want a GN, Black with Black and Grey interior, I wanted something different.
I think Gun Metal Grey with the Blackout trim is going to look awesome. Its YOUR car, make it the way you want it, and don't give 2 hoots if somebody doesn't like it.