WTT for a TTA

koolctk

I have a nice 89 GTA that I would like to trade straight up for a TTA. For most TTA this will be a little unrealistic, so I do have some cash to go in with the trade. I wont be able to have enough cash to trade for something in the 14K + range though. And now for the specs:

The car has 67,725 miles on it
Is a 350 TPI, backed by a 700r4 with a shift kit
Its black
A hardtop
Black cloth interior

This car is true WS6 and has the aluminum 1LE driveshaft from factory as well as a N10 exhaust (this ment that it came fro factory with two cats and mandrel bent piping from the manifolds back gave 10 more hp and 15ft/lb) , and includes all the luxury items other items that GTA's come with. Everything is nice and what you would expect on a car with this mileage. And the stuff I have done to it:

Has a 6 month old paint job ($1200)
Has 8 all new injectors installed by a professional ($700)
Has a custom made Cat-Back done my a muffler shop ($300)
Has had a full tune up with performance parts with less than 1000 miles($300)
Brand new Sumitumo HTR-Z tires with les than 300 miles ($500)
An adjustable fuel pressure regulator and wonderbar ($100)
Slotted and cross drilled rotors for the front and new rotors for the back, Along with Yellow stuff race pads on the front and ceramics on the back and A brake fluid flush done by mechanic ($600)
New hood struts and rear hatch struts ($120)
And a grant signiature series steering wheel ($150)
New headlight rebuild kit from Topdownsolutions.com ($25)
Aiwa CD deck with four new speakers ($200)
New NOS nitrous kit with a purge and remote bottle opener, installed by a professional ($1500)
(all prices shown are parts and labor)

The nitrous kit has never been ran by myself and only used in shop by mechanic to make sure it works. The kit is completly hidden until the engine by so no one can tell unless I pop the hood. I love this car and take care of it, hand wax it etc. etc.. I have not tracked the car yet and had planned to this coming season. Here are a few pics that I had on hand for you can get more if needed, my number is 916-799-8634 (call anytime before 11pm) and my email address is koolctk@pacbell.net , email me fr more pics and if you have any questions. thanks for looking

Cameron

(these pics are two months old and have the old tires on them)

Attachments

• 89GTA 12.jpg
    89GTA 12.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 307
  • 89GTA 13.jpg
    89GTA 13.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 313
  • 89GTA 14.jpg
    89GTA 14.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 300
Cameron,
Nice car. I noticed it does not have the rear spoiler and is missing a few of the emblems. I am not looking to trade, but were in Sacto do you live? I live in Roseville.
- Dave

Thanks for pointing that out for me Dave, When the car was painted I told them not to put back on the emblems except for the front ones, That way I could polish them, which I have done. I have also polished the headlights, and Taillights using a fine plastic polishing cream and a mother powerball.
The wing I also had removed when I got the car paint, the wing was in okay shape but did have one crack in it and I didn't want it to effect the paint o the wing and to make sure I got the whole rear deck lid painted. I did make sure (and paid more for) the holes to be welded in and not bondo'ed over or some kind of plexiglass.

And Dave, I live near arden fair mall by watt and fair oaks. I am doing some in store promoptions for a nutrion bar as some outside sales at the Costo Co off of Stanford Ranch tommarow. I will be there between noon and 6:00, if you want you could come offer and try some samples and maybe show off one of your TTA:biggrin: (if its not raining:( )

Is it a TTA you desire or just the turbo buick powered f body. Why not do the swap, plenty of parts floating around lately. I wasn't a fan of the t-tops in my TTA, any 1 of my old fbody hardtop cars felt a lot tighter......

this car is garaged kept all the time too.

I was thinking about doing the swap but if I were to swap any engine it would have to be a LSx with a T56 with nitrous, the swap I know would be alot easier and would be faster for the given amount of money. Not to mention that I dont really want to cut up this GTA, I had bought it and planned to put miles on it and in say 10 years do a GEN III/IV swap as well as upgrade everything to brand new the brakes, suspension, etc..

I would rather just trade for a TTA before the prices sore and maybe in the future buy this car or another black GTA and continue on the plans I had for it. And if I were to do a swap I would hve to pay thousands that I dont have and not have a car for a couple of months.

Cameron

Not trying to persuade you, but the LSX swap and tranny wouldn't be easier nor faster than the LC2 swap in a third gen for the given price. The LSx would need headers, air lid, gears, etc just to keep up with the stock turbo turned up...

It is a very nice ride, good luck with your sale and search for a TTA

Not trying to persuade you, but the LSX swap and tranny wouldn't be easier nor faster than the LC2 swap in a third gen for the given price. The LSx would need headers, air lid, gears, etc just to keep up with the stock turbo turned up...

It is a very nice ride, good luck with your sale and search for a TTA

actually it is easier to do now because they make all the conversion stuff for it and it's readily available. With a LC2 swap they don't make the conversion stuff so you either have to have it custom made or search for months and pay rediculous prices for TTA parts. With the LSX swap the car would be about just as fast as an LC2 and it'll be close to 50/50 weight balance like the TTAs because of the aluminum block and mods are cheaper for an LSX than an LC2. In the long run it becomes cheaper and faster, the actual price of the swaps the LSX will probably end up being cheaper too.

I agree with 72 firebird, LSx swaps are getting cheaper and cheaper and plenty of swap parts as well as plenty of pontential. The only thing is that I would have to do more work to make it smog legal, with a TTA I will have a smog legal turbo engine thats easily modable and rare'r, regardless of what happens with these cars I will probably have a black hardtop GTA that I do a LSx swap with if if its ten or fifteen years away.

Bump.

I also added a temp controlled bottle heater, a high torque mini starter, a high flow water pump and new thermostat (I keep up all maintance, so its already had an oil change in the trany and engine this week)

I also went to the track and put up a 13.1, but that was running at a 220* temp for the engine, a low bottle psi, and I did not spray until mid-late second gear, this means a mid twelve once I take it out to the track again.

I practically never see anyone with a TTA on TGO, and I dont really want to announce it over there (I want to keep it quiet until I get one).

put a turbo on that V8 and make some real horse power (not V6 power) then you might have some takers.

just kidding V6 guys

anyway thats one good looking car and good luck with it.
Dave