WTH! Looking for fuel pump prime wire

sliderhd

OK I bought an 87 GN. Running and driving but with issues. I have been getting it roadworthy by using the search engine and gnttype site and so far all questions have been answered. My next item on my list is to drain tank of old fuel of unknown vintage. I am trying to run fuel pump with the prime wire by alternator. I think I have found it but it is connected to an unknown wire. I think it is the tach wire by what I have been finding but want confirmation. The connector looks like it laid against header. The Grey wire has a black connector and the white wires(2) have a green connector. I can't see why these wires would be connected together. Any thoughts?
Connector.JPG

Thanx!

Someone who doesn't know what they were doing did that. They are both diagnostic leads and are not supposed to be plugged together. The grey wire is for the fuel pump and the white wire is tach signal.

Also seems poorly done on GM's part due to them being inches from each other and "can" fit. Lol but that was a long time ago.

Thanks for the replies. I am going to pull them apart and drain my fuel tank. Then replace the connectors.