Scanmaster tuning mode trigger

jmendlik

Can the PS header ( TA Race Version) be removed from engine while in car while leaving the turbo on-- or does the Turbo need to be removed?? I can move the downpipe out of the way but just wanted to see if anyone has done this removal without taking the Turbo off??

I need to repair my External Waste Gate Vband weld that has failed.. Trying to do this removal the most efficient way.

Last edited:
it just put one in without removing turbo , but i removed the downpipe (rjc 3" TH)
if you have an o2 sensor that might need to come off

Attachments

• 100_2703.JPG
    100_2703.JPG
    989.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Were you able to leave the studs in the 3 bolt exh housing or did you remove them also?

Do you think you could have done it with DP in just pushed out of the way?

My PTE wastegate Gate is off-I have to re weld the Vband

I have THDP 3" DP-was hoping i could move it out of the way and pull out the header from the topside!! Leaving Turbo alone!! I could remove DP if needed..

tt.JPG

that turbo had bolts , but once the header and downpipe is unbolted the turbo can be moved a little while still having the feed and drain connected
i dont think it will be easy with the DP still there even if it is unbolted from turbo

it had large SLIC and that connection basically is what supported the turbo

I have the PTE Front mount.intercooler pipe connected and theTurbo J bracket to block ..so maybe I can just remove the DP and then get this header off and pull it out the topside out without removing the turbo...going to try tonight!! Thanks for the info..

Update-Header off-Had to remove the Turbo...Would not come out with Turbo in place.... Off to the welder in the morning to fix a broken weld on wastegate v-band clamp ....