A/C Questions:

TireFryer

The New Kid
So I go for a drive to pick up some pizza, get home, shut the car off and then later I have to go pick up someone so I get in the car... no fuel pump... key off key back on, no fuel pump... Hook up my spare 255 and boom we have fuel pump. So Right then and there I drop the pump and the connector has melted causing no connection so I replaced it with the stainless hanger I had laying around and the pump is running faster than it has ever before what could’ve caused some thing like this come out the connector put it be the big fuel pump and small gauge wiring or something?
100_4141.JPG

That bulkhead connector (yellow) is known for poor connection and melting due to high current draw . I have had 3 go bad on other GM vehicles which us the same connector . The Racetronix intermediate harness has an upgraded bulkhead connector just for that reason , but I believe they don't make it any more .

That bulkhead connector (yellow) is known for poor connection and melting due to high current draw . I have had 3 go bad on other GM vehicles which us the same connector . The Racetronix intermediate harness has an upgraded bulkhead connector just for that reason , but I believe they don't make it any more .
So basically its going to burn out again? I need to get an aftermarket harness?

Man! i really didn't think that fuel pumps drew that much current... New hanger seemed fine after 100 mile drive yesterday...

Replaced this last year for a buddy of mine...

Installed a Racetronix complete sending unit and hot wire kit. Proven reliable stuff bar none, over thousands sold. Buy with confidence.

Dude, this just happen to my hanger! car wouldn’t start and no FP ? E85 car. Had power to the pump . I thought I may have wired the connections incorrect . Was running before .

So I came here on TB.com to investigate. I came across this post.

Attachments

• IMG_20220413_141923908.jpg
    IMG_20220413_141923908.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20220413_141939055.jpg
    IMG_20220413_141939055.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 231
Dude, this just happen to my hanger! car wouldn’t start and no FP ? E85 car. Had power to the pump . I thought I may have wired the connections incorrect . Was running before .

So I came here on TB.com to investigate. I came across this post.
Exactly what happened to mine! I thought the pump was dead so I plugged in a spare hanger I had and it worked fine so I dropped the tank to find the melted bulkhead connector! Replaced it with a beefed up one so hopefully it’s all good!

Exactly what happened to mine! I thought the pump was dead so I plugged in a spare hanger I had and it worked fine so I dropped the tank to find the melted bulkhead connector! Replaced it with a beefed up one so hopefully it’s all good!

How do we know if the bulk head is a heavy duty connector ?
Do you know if the one Racetronix sells have everything I need ? I will need the bulk head connector , new black plug with new pins for the power supply from the pump . Will that be good enough ?