WTB (Very Specific)

I have a 87 t-type, metalic gray hard top, never bent, never raced, has some mods but have all the original parts. 72k, like new inside and very clean everywhere. Bruce

Thanks for all the replies but I am officially no longer looking. I found a CLEAN CLK 430 at a good price and snapped up one of those instead as the new toy for now...

Thanks for all the replies but I am officially no longer looking. I found a CLEAN CLK 430 at a good price and snapped up one of those instead as the new toy for now...

:confused:
Is it Red w/ a White Gut?? Whoa, what a swing in cars!
Viel Glück! ("Good Luck" in German :biggrin: )

well he did wake up before he bought an 84 HA car that he was goin to loose his ass on:eek:. CLK will be more fun and you can DRIVE it

well he did wake up before he bought an 84 HA car that he was goin to loose his ass on:eek:. CLK will be more fun and you can DRIVE it

You are 150% correct in that statement to the OP good luck with your new car

I looked at a many cars, all years 84-87... common theme was they were run hard and put away wet so to speak, or modded and beat on at the track and on the street... For some reason, a price tag in the mid to upper teens (say keeping it to a $14-18k total investment when done) cant buy quality these days in the buick world...

Most cars are either a boring cookie-cutter GN, or a car over 100k miles, usually with mods, or have questionable backgrounds or sketchy owners - including having sat for years on end recently likely making them highly unreliable.

I was out driving around and passed the clk parked in front of a BMW dealer, couple hours later it was mine. Much easier than dealing with rust or the aforementioned. First QUALITY car I came across that wasn't modified or wore out, and that I wasn't getting fed BS stories about it's history I could prove false using my access to various legal databases through work, I bought... that simple :biggrin:

these are 25 year old PERFORMANCE cars . Of course 90% were driven HARD an had fun with !! Hell its like have a beautiful girlfriend and ...well you know :eek:

I looked at a many cars, all years 84-87... common theme was they were run hard and put away wet so to speak, or modded and beat on at the track and on the street... For some reason, a price tag in the mid to upper teens (say keeping it to a $14-18k total investment when done) cant buy quality these days in the buick world...

Most cars are either a boring cookie-cutter GN, or a car over 100k miles, usually with mods, or have questionable backgrounds or sketchy owners - including having sat for years on end recently likely making them highly unreliable.

I was out driving around and passed the clk parked in front of a BMW dealer, couple hours later it was mine. Much easier than dealing with rust or the aforementioned. First QUALITY car I came across that wasn't modified or wore out, and that I wasn't getting fed BS stories about it's history I could prove false using my access to various legal databases through work, I bought... that simple :biggrin:

14-18k cant buy a quality Turbo Car:rolleyes: Glad you went with the German car, probably a better choice for you anyway.

If you couldn't find a TR for 14-18k than Ty was right you better off with a CLK

If you got the red one; that's Ok. If you got the sliver one; you pussed out.

Just to satisfy some of the curiosity in the thread, I'm not buying a car for go-fast purposes, I'm buying a car to make into what I want - a clean, factory-style ride the way I would have ordered it. I plan spending a lot of money building this into what I want, the "ideal" is only one end product I would consider having.

Why 1984? The factory used the kind of cloth fabric on the seats and upholstery I will be re-doing the interior, in if the car I get doesn't come with it. It's my favorite of that offered in the g-bodies, showing the least wear while being very comfortable, and looks high quality IMO. Back then all the cars (except limiteds) cloth was similar in pattern to that used on the gn seats for comparison, and was the type that came when we got my 87 suburban new as well (I stick with what I like).

Why a turbo if only a hot-air non-intercooled car? The turbo cars are fun, and I think the most enjoyable of the g-bodies I've driven. I'm not after a race car, I'm after a g-body to make my own that will carry a good book value with the insurance should it ever get hit or stolen considering the amount of money I plan on investing. Any other model I'd be severely upside down instantly, and I prefer the regal styling to boot. I do not plan any performance mods at all to the car I get, it will be and remain a factory stocker - GM spent 100s of millions in R&D and while I wont say they always got everything right, it works dependably.

I don't need "nice" original paint, just original paint - it can be lacquer checked, faded, scratched up, etc, I just do NOT want to find "surprises" hidden in the body when I get it repainted myself if the paint isn't presentable as it sits, and don't want to worry about how well the paint was done, if the panels were removed and jammed properly, was flex added to fillers, were the qtr extensions and mirrors and trim separated from the body for full coverage without creating "bridges" of paint over air gaps that are going to flake eventually, etc.

I plan on either building a white with red interior car, or blue with blue interior car in all likelihood, but if one is out there that doesn't require as much effort on my part, all the better :cool:

Sounds like you had a very specific car in mind and you settled for the easy way out. Hope you like silver.

Attachments

• 8404e_Mercedes_CLK_GTR_red.jpg
    8404e_Mercedes_CLK_GTR_red.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 162
  • lrg_article_10145-img_0.jpg
    lrg_article_10145-img_0.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 159