WTB Tig welder

marleyskater420

still needs to learn
If this is in the wrong section mods, I apologize. I couldn't seem to find a "non-car-parts for sale" section.

Anyway, I'm looking for a basic tig welder that will do aluminum and steel. I'm aiming to try and learn to TIG weld, so the machine doesn't need to be anything fancy, just something that I can learn on, and as I get better still weld something thick enough to actually be used on my car.

Phone number is 707 362 6030. I'm in California, so don't worry about calling late. I'm always up until 1am or later...as a matter of fact its 845am and I haven't slept in over a day..

-Tyler

Eastwood had a special on Mig and Tig welder packages for $999 for the pair

Try craigslist also could place a wanted ad on there as well. Also try pawn shops

Buy a miller diversion 165. Thats what i am learning on.

X2. I do 99% of my welding with my diversion 165. In the rare event I need more power, I use a friends dynasty 350. Don't cheep out on a made in china welder. You'll just get frustrated with their issues and give up.

The Htp is the way to go if money is not an issue. They also make a mig ,tig and stick combo welder that my buddy has and its real nice. Htp is made in Italy most others are made in Mexico. I use Htp,Miller and lincoln migs and they are all good the htp offers more like stitch,seam spot and continuous.Its old but still works good.I almost bought the Eastwood set but didnt need another mig welder